Satisfied my 10mm curiosity yesterday.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GlockFanBoy25, Apr 1, 2012.

1. GlockFanBoy25

GlockFanBoy25

[​IMG]

I had posted a few weeks back that I was "10mm curious." :supergrin:

I picked up a 6'' KKM barrel and a LW LCI 10mm extractor (actually needed minor fitting to go into the slide but that's another thread all together) and a G20 mag during the recent mag sale. Went to the range with some Prvi JHPs, 200gr Blazers, and 165gr Gold Dots from Underwood. 50 rounds of each.

Function was 100% and all ammo ejected as it should with the exception of the Prvi rounds but I suspect that's because they seemed very underpowered. Firing that 10mm stuff is a good reminder that you're shooting a gun :supergrin: I loved it.

Thanks to everyone that helped with my questions a couple weeks ago.

2. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

plouffedaddy, it's really good to read that the conversion went well and that shooting 10mm caliber was everything you expected.

Reliving the fun of first shooting 10mm vicariously through your post this morning was all the thanks required. You have the right caliber and barrel for some serious long range pistol work now.

How far did it throw the brass for the Underwood 165gr GD? Do you have plans or a need to up the recoil spring strength above 17 lbs? If the ejection pattern is good, it's probably wise to leave it alone.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012

3. GlockFanBoy25

GlockFanBoy25

I'd say probably 5-6 feet away between 3-4 o'clock. I'm going to leave it for now. Further testing is pending :supergrin:

4. Glock Master

Glock Master

I'm glad it went well for you!