close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

SATA problems...

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ReyFufuRulesAll, Apr 2, 2007.

1. ReyFufuRulesAll

ReyFufuRulesAll Pantless Wonder

OK, I have an Asus K8U-X motherboard, and have just recently put my SATA drive in. However, my computer won't recognize that it's there (neither linux or windows will), and I was wondering if anyone could help me with this? :help:

2. chbix

chbix

yes i can help. I also have an Asus mobo with a sata drive. Mine wouldnt recognize it either and thats because you have to go into BIOS and change the settings. by default the SATA is set up for RAID configuration, but if your not using 2 drives it wont recognize. So change the SATA RAID so that it is set to SATA NATIVE and then the SATA drive will be recognized as a drive.

I know on my mobo (cant remember the model) its right on the first page of the BIOS options.

Ill take a look when I get home tonight and see what model, and also exactly what the option is. I would assume that it is the same and thats your problem

3. Dandapani

Dandapani

Does the mobo use nVidia bios? There's a bug with command queuing. The fix for my wife's windblows box was to turn it off in the hardware/device manager control panel. Good luck. I'll never build another nVidia based mobo system again...