close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sarawak, Kuching, Borneo, Malaysia.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Originalsin, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Originalsin

Originalsin

Hi all,

So I'm off soon on my first holiday since about 2005, and I'm going to Sarawak, specifically Kuching and surrounds. I'll be there for about ten days, and I plan to relax, maybe have a few beers and sing horrible karaoke, look at the jungle/wildlife, and hopefully do some stuff like rock climbing/snorkelling/parasailing/etc.

Anyone have any advice for me? Good places to visit/avoid, fun watering holes, jungle guides who won't rob me or get me kidnapped, and any cultural learnings to stop me being beaten to death?

Cheers,

Originalsin.

2. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

I am going to be stunned if anyone on a largely U.S. populated forum has any idea of the places you are mentioning.

Plus, here we don't call them "holidays", we call them vacations......you're taking a vacation.

Have a great vacation brother.

3. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

Unfortunately the only places I've ever been in Malaysia were KL, JB and Penang. I had a fantastic experience in Penang at the Rasa Sayang hotel if you happen to get out that way. Great place. But it has been years for all I know its gone to hell since then.

http://www.shangri-la.com/penang/rasasayangresort

Super Jealous, I'd love to go to Kuching.

4. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

I already HATE you. :steamed:

Just kidding. I landed here in Riga Latvia a couple weeks ago...and will be working here through the winter.
    I have sailed through that area years ago on a big stinky tanker, and even when we were a couple miles out to sea, you could smell the flowers it seemed.
    Enjoy the sun and warmth while I'm freezing my butt off!!:supergrin::supergrin: