Sandy Hook killer being (imortalized)

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by larry_minn, Feb 20, 2013.

1. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Inside Edition just said (I saw hits of this is Mr. Ayoob's blog) there is a joint film/show of the shooter. They must have said the POS's name 20 times. Showed vidio of him as child, his mother......
    So expect more shooters. Odds are they will set out childhood vidio (that they like) and destroy what they don't so media puts out story they want.
    Why not talk about principal who tried to disarm the POS and because of school/state policy had to do it empty handed. A lockbox bolted to principals desk with handgun (if principal wanted) and there could have been one death in school. (the POS).

2. Lampshade

Lampshade

Thanks for the heads up.

3. CitizenOfDreams

CitizenOfDreams

This very second someone, somewhere is watching TV and dreaming of his own "15 minutes of fame".

4. 50 Cent

50 Cent

Even worse - I remember reading about some Blog/Facebook page or whatever that glorified these school shooters / spree killers, making them saints or something fighting bullies or the establishment or whatever.The Columbine shooters were looked up to as saints #1. I actually felt ill reading about it.

Worse - I think it is from some off-shore server so ability to take it down might be limited and it might even be up. There also seemed to be some indication that some of the shooters "networked" thru this page!! :steamed::steamed:

5. devildog2067

devildog2067

I don't think the causal relationship there is nearly as strong as you think it is.

6. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Biographies of mass murderers can be fascinating. HH

7. Detectorist

Detectorist

Most of them have strong social media presence. Mass shootings have gone up, murder, in general has gone down. I think there is a connection.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  8. "Cold Dead Hands" !

"Cold Dead Hands" !

Fox News reported tonight that the psycho POS Adam Lanza shooter.
    He was probably a violent video game freak.
    Because, while on his shooting rampage, he reloaded way too frequently, dropping magazines that were not empty yet.
    Reloading mags frequently, like they do in video games ????

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

9. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

[quote="Cold Dead Hands" !;20009542]Fox News reported tonight that the psycho POS Adam Lanza shooter.
    He was probably a violent video game freak.
    Because, while on his shooting rampage, he reloaded way too frequently, dropping magazines that were not empty yet.
    Reloading mags frequently, like they do in video games ????

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire[/quote]

when the hell do gamers do that ? i dont drop a mag til that sucker goes click !!!!!

10. Jakestir

Jakestir

The idea that video games has anything to do with it is BS. This is equivalent to "liberals" blaming guns. If a person is evil they are evil. Video games and guns have nothing to do with it.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

11. Marlowe

Marlowe

I agree with the OP: the media attention paid to mass killers encourages similar individuals to act out similarly.

Humans are imitative creatures. The media has guidelines restricting its own coverage of suicide. Why? They are well aware that reports of suicide may influence people who are currently suicidal.

If only they would exhibit such ethical behavior with regard to coverage of these "active shooters", or "mass killers" or whatever we're calling them.

There is no question that some of these mass killers study previous incidents and seek to out do the body count. The Columbine killers referenced prior school shootings, and the Virginia Tech killer referenced the Columbine killers, as examples.

Limiting coverage might be the one thing that might actually reduce the frequency of these events.

They seem to run in clusters...remember the '80s, the number of postal employee shooting incidents, to the point where the term, "going postal" was coined? It's been several years since such an incident.

I theorize the coverage affects those in a similar state of mind, feeds their fantasy and motivates them to immitate, to kill in immitation of someone else that they, for whatever reason, related to.

Unfortunately, we are all very interested in who these people are, and the media is in business to make a profit.

Interesting that this particular subject gets so LITTLE discussion within the media. The talking heads will discuss the impact of violent video games, movies, music, etc., but never challenge the coverage itself.

To clarify: I'm not advocated government action here...that would clearly run afoul of the 1st Amendment. But, there is precedent for the media to behave responsibly. Sadly, I have not heard anyone from the Obama Administration call upon the media to do just that.

12. Jakestir

Jakestir

Well said

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

13. Southpaw69

Southpaw69

From Jim Norton on Twitter:

[​IMG]
    The media reporting on how 1 shooter motivated another. ********** ponderous.

I agree with this reply to it:

Bury their names, never show a photograph of them. Reduce them to a number. When they die, they go in unmarked ground. No Fame

14. Berto

Berto woo woo

Besides sensationalizing, it helps sell gun control to stupid people.

15. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It is called a tactical reload. Waiting until the click may be to your disadvantage under certain conditions. Look it up and do some reading, learn.

16. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Exactly...

17. devildog2067

devildog2067

I thought it was fairly common to reload when you have the chance. That's how I was trained, at any rate...

18. ray9898

ray9898

It is interesting to people. Humans naturally want to know why. Just about every person who committed a shocking crime has been studied in depth.

19. Texas357

Texas357 Señor Member CLM

I refuse to use the names of any of these guys.

Anybody who thinks all the increasing media attention doesn't influence and inspire copycat behavior in the mentally disturbed is probably mentally deficient.

20. Inebriated

Inebriated

I have a nasty habit on battlefield of reloading after shooting....

I get killed a lot during the reload. Probably why I do a lot better in the helicopters. lol