Sandpits/Farm Land for shooting near Fayetteville

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by Stretch6Niner, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Stretch6Niner

Stretch6Niner

Looking for a place to do some shooting/target practice within an hour of Fayetteville NC. Nothing long distance, within 50 yards or so. Some people have told me they use some local gravel/sand pits, but won't tell me where their honey hole is. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I don't have the money to spend at a range every weekend. I'd rather spend my money on ammo, targets, and parts.

2. Walkingwolf

Walkingwolf

Plenty of wooded, and hilly land around FayettNam, just have to get the property owners permission. We have a large sandpit wast of Johnsonville but I have never heard of anyone shooting there. Cross Creek Shooting Club is south of Fay, but I don't remember the cost, IIRC it was very reasonable.

http://crossecreekrifleandpistolclub.com/

First will be $150 to $250 depending on if you help with range maintenance. After that only $75 a year, plus the range maintenance fee.

3. Stretch6Niner

Stretch6Niner

I'll Check out cross creek. I know a few guys that shoot at pits in Johnsonville, that's not to far from here. I've found a lot of abandoned sand pits online, thinking about contacting the owners about using one. Are land owners generally pretty receptive when asked for permission? I know back in Maine no one cared as long as you had a good back stop and didn't shoot a cow.

4. Walkingwolf

Walkingwolf

If you run across a native you have a better chance. If they sound like a northerner I doubt it. I know that one CC instructor has permission to shoot the pits, he uses them for the range part of his classes.

5. Stretch6Niner

Stretch6Niner

I'll ask around, and check out cross creeks website. Maybe some local gun shops know of some people that are cool about it. Thanks for the advice

6. Blades

Blades

Did you ever find anyplace to shoot?

7. Stretch6Niner

Stretch6Niner

Yes I did. A buddy cop of mine in Sanford took me to a pit in Johnsonville. It's massive, about 5-7 miles off 24/87

8. Blades

Blades

Good to hear.

9. mangy dog

mangy dog

I go to TRC: 2850 Tiger Swan Drive Autryville, NC about 20 minutes from Fayetteville. Great place; great staff; reasonable prices.

10. mangy dog

mangy dog

TRC stands for The Range Complex.
    look 'em up...great place to do all types of shooting.