Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I appreciate that you fellas tried to encourage me re sandbag loads. So I am going to try to better myself with them. Once per week after front squats I am going to load my ~110 lb bag 50 times into my F-150. I am going to time myself. I have a loose bag that I could easily grab the sides of and swing it into my truck, but I won't do that. Today I did my 50 loads in 5:15. Remember, I'm an old fella.:rofl:

When I get sub 4 minutes I will increase to 100 loads, or maybe increase the wiehgt, which one?

Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
CJ, nothing wrong with that time. A pace of ~seconds per load, over 5 minutes is nothing to sneeze at.

When you get sub 4:00, I'd say, do 50 intervals. See what your time is for the first 50, second 50, etc., etc. When you can do the second 50 as fast as the first 50, then either add another interval or increase weight - or both. Just an idea...

·
Registered
890 Posts
Jack,
Since we know this is not my game, How far away from the truck do you start w/ the sandbag? In other words, is part of your time traveling a certain distance to load the sandbag, or from the edge of the tailgate/bed?

Dan

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turbo,

Interesting. This is a finisher on lifting day, so I don't think I'll ever do more than 2 intervals. Perhaps two intervals and than up the weight, go back to one interval until I get sub 4 and repeat. Hmmm.

Dan,

Snadbags are a new part of my game too. I'm just lifting from the ground onto the tailgate to the ground to the tailgate......

I do sandbag carries to sometimes as a finisher though.

Another good sandbag workout can be found on Ross Enamait's site. It is called Carry Run Press. Three rounds for time of ;

carry sandbag 400m than
run 400m than
press sandbag 10 times.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not that anyone cares, but today was sandbag load day and my wife had my truck. Instead I shouldered the bag 50 times in 4:55. Not sure how that would translate to loads.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Not that anyone cares, but today was sandbag load day and my wife had my truck. Instead I shouldered the bag 50 times in 4:55. Not sure how that would translate to loads.
Way to improvise. While probably not the same, nice work nonetheless. When you do loads, do you rotate your torso to load, working obliques?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Sounds like a good time to me: 6 sec. average per pickup.

YOu mean you would've gotten in trouble if you loaded the bag onto the hood or trunk of the car?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
CJ, by my quick calcs, I get that your external (just the bag) power output was about 0.1 hp assuming the bag was lifted 3 ft. I think the CF uber-beast Greg A. peaks at somewhere around 0.5 hp, but those hosers count work done moving bodyweight also.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like a good time to me: 6 sec. average per pickup.

YOu mean you would've gotten in trouble if you loaded the bag onto the hood or trunk of the car?
She drives a wagon. I was thinking about loading it into the back but it is too short and I was going to hit my head on the tailgate/hatch.

0.1 HP, LOL.

Hey Turbo, is there a power readout on the C2 monitor?

·
Registered
198 Posts
There should be a setting on the C2 that displays power output in watts. Least there was on the Model C I 'bout lived on all through college.

FLaFF

1 - 13 of 13 Posts