Why so serious?
65,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Idiots!
(yea! I was the first to post!)

Edited - to say the police chief. Absolutely.

Reactions: 1L26 and TBO

·
Values. Can't be bought.
13,070 Posts
Blue Lives Matter mask may be controversial, "divisive or disrespectful", or even racist. .
Unlike Black Lives Matter.

·
Values. Can't be bought.
13,070 Posts
Blue Lives Matter mask may be controversial, "divisive or disrespectful", or even racist. .
Unlike Black Lives Matter.

·
NRA Life Member
66,479 Posts
Reactions: TNG26 and Dragoon44

·
Unfair Facist
27,032 Posts
While I'm pretty sure I don't like the chief of the SFPD, I agree that police officers shouldn't be wearing things that make personal statements with their uniforms. Of course, as long as that is enforced for everybody. I imagine it probably isn't.
My thoughts exactly, I bet if they had BLM face masks the Chief would not be saying a word, unless he was commenting them.

·
Registered
32,467 Posts
The POA was supplying them because the city wasn't.

·
Massive Member
25,617 Posts
If they put an asterisk on them and said "except for Chief ???? " would that be acceptable?
Good way to get the Chief to acquire replacement masks.

Randy

·
Pretty Ladies!
4,725 Posts
Ehh. Like everything, the masks need to be uniform for uniform officers. It's pathetic that the city isn't providing them, but if even you're going to have the officers source masks themselves, the city still has an interest in keeping them uniform and non controversial.

Reactions: TNG26 and Dragoon44

·
Massive Member
25,617 Posts
A symbol to honor fallen officers is not a personal statement or divisive. We all wear uniform and accept the risk together.

It honors fallen officers of both sexes and all races across the entire country.

Chief has no balls.
Exactly. Is the chief going to ban mourning bands next?

Lack of capitalization on small "c" chief done on purpose.

Randy

·
Registered
1,515 Posts

·
Registered
15,050 Posts
Exactly. Is the chief going to ban mourning bands next?

Lack of capitalization on small "c" chief done on purpose.

Randy
I do believe I’d have to ensure that every single officer in the entire department showed up to work wearing TBL tomorrow.

That would create a political nightmare for ol’ chief......he can’t feasibly punish the entire department and the press headlines would tear him a new one.

Entire Department Defies Chief’s Orders

Has The Police Chief Lost all Control?

Police Chief Powerless to Enforce Order

Crime Wave Ravages City as Police Force Walks Out

That’s a game Chief doesn’t really want to play if you ask me.

·
Massive Member
25,617 Posts
As long as they're all uniform, what's the issue...

They're giving us actual N95 masks, haven't been able to do any of the few details we have anymore since they're during business hours and I'm still working for now so I haven't been able to snag one. Luckily I had one laying around from Lowe's for sanding/fiberglass work around the house that I never used.

Randy

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Malicious compliance.

Do NOT wear the controversial thin blue line masks. Call OSHA / Cal OSHA. Explain the city is not issuing PPE and has forbidden to wear the thin blue line mask.

Advise management you'll return to taking calls for service as soon as the city provides PPE.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts