San Francisco Mayor announces new limits on the police force

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by wreckless, Jun 16, 2020.

1. ronduke

ronduke

".....chemical weapons such as tear gas, bayonets, and tanks." Does this mean the city will ban the officers from carrying OC spray? Other people have already commented about the "widespread" issue and usage of bayonets by the police. What about tanks? When I think of a tank, I think of a tracked vehicle, that is equiped with weapons, ie, the Abrams battle tank. Does any police dept in the US, have a tank? Are they going to ban armored vehicles, such as the Bearcat or the MRAP? If so, I hope that they go after Brinks, etc, and make them stop using offensive armored trucks. I mean, if you can't have an armored truck to protect people, then civilians don't need "weapons of war" to protect property!
    Our local sheriff's dept has a MRAP. This is a small, rural agency that serves over 850 square miles. No way that the county could afford to buy an MRAP. Not only has the "weapon of war" been called on barricaded subjects, but they have also used it to respond for high water rescues and post-tornado response.
    After the earthquakes of 1906 and 1989, you would think that having vehicles that are able to transverse almost anywhere would be a good thing. But, they are scary looking, "weapons of war", and we don't need any more hurt feelings.

2. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Everyone sing,

If you're going to San fransisco,
    Be aware, of the feces and syringes everywhere,
    If you're going to San fransisco,
    You will meet homeless drug addicts there,
    If you're going to San fransico,
    Enjoy the armed antifa take over there

wreckless and glockluvr64 like this.

3. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

They need to bring back Frank Jordan as mayor and Earl Sanders as police chief.

4. Ftttu

Ftttu

Again, we aren’t legislators so we are charged with enforcing laws charged to us. We are THE scapegoat in ALL of this since those laws are the will of government.

To make us even look worse, they order us to stand down and not enforce the laws which puts a GREAT amount of negative press toward us!!!

As others have said, this IS the civil war that is going on, and we all haven’t realized it yet! Disgustingly sad our children, grandchildren and on are going to REALLY pay the price. Voting a certain way is only slowing the inevitable since this is sadly a one-sided fight.

serve_and_protect likes this.
  5. sarge40

sarge40

6. fla2760

fla2760

7. Jerry52

Jerry52

8. nursetim

nursetim

Will they be having a yard sale on their now “forbidden” equipment? Asking for me.

TBO likes this.
  9. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

Here's what I actually want to watch...

The roundtable discussion from all these academic geniuses as the draft new SOPs for:

1. Clearing out mobs of protesters who are blocking public access or interfering with private business
    2. Bringing resolution to an armed and barricaded suspect who has hostages
    3. Detaining the aforementioned schizophrenic who's off his meds and chasing people around with a samurai sword (also, he's naked and has a giant boner)
    4. Ending a bank robbery involving several heavily armed individuals with significant amount of body armor.

These things don't happen every day, but they happen.. I just want to see how long it takes before those chuckleheads realize that tear gas, armored vehicles, patrol rifles, and using violence against "unarmed" individuals actually has a place in modern society..

TBO likes this.
  10. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

I'll ship you my issued bayonet ASAP.. I'll need $50 shipping and handling, I'll need to get the FBL (federal bayonet license) dealer to sign off before I can mail it..