close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

San Antonio

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by texastim, Nov 17, 2003.

1. texastim

texastim

Anyone know hotels (more than one) near the site of the San Antonio event?

2. Catbird

Catbird loves guns!

Where's the site...anywhere near Lackland AFB?

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

As spread out as San Antonio is I couldn't say what the closest hotel is to the match. As I remember from last year it is out in the toolies no matter what way you go. I was there last year and will be there again this year. We are staying at the same Hotel as last year: Hampton Inn San Antonio-Northwest Seaworld located at 4803 Manitou Ph# 1-210-684-9966 our rate is $64.00 per night plus tax. Nice hotel and about 20 minutes from the range.

Hope this helps a little. I went thru Lackland in 1961 and last year was the first visit to the area since and I can tell you that it is one BIG change from 1961.

Had a ball though with good friends and some great food and plan on the same in less than 3 weeks.

4. TXGlock21Man

TXGlock21Man

If your looking on the NW side of town, you have quite a few options directly off of NW Loop 410. There is a Red Roof Inn off of 410 & Culebra, a Quality Inn (fairly new) off of 410 and Hwy 151, there is a Radisson (higher in price) at Hwy 151 & Westover Hills, the Hyatt Hill Country Resort (super nice, high price) at Hwy 151 & Military. Lots of options near Lackland AFB (LaQuinta, Best Western, Etc...)

Hope this helps, let me know if there is something specific you are looking for.

5. Catbird

Catbird loves guns!

That's where I stayed a couple of years ago when I visited one of my sons who was completing his Air Force basic training. La Quinta Inn was nothing fancy, but was clean and reasonably priced for the 2 or 3 days that I was there.

6. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

I'll be traveling with the Florida Contingent and should be arriving some time late Friday night in the War Wagon (Star ship). This will be my first trip to San Antonio. I just can't wait. Mr & Mrs Clem's home area. Show me the TOWN!!!!!

PHARAOH

7. Nukem

Nukem

I'm envious of you all going to San Antonio. San Antonio has got to be one of the finest cities in the US! Wish I could be there... :(

8. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

That would be the Star Ship Ft.Walton Beach, correct? ;f

9. Shred

Shred Millennium Member

The match is in far far South-West San Antonio-- Take I-35 south through San Antonio and right out the other side. Turn right on Shepherd road, left on Jarratt, and right onto the range road about 1/2 mile down. There are no hotels 'close' to the range, but several along I-35 closer in to town.