San Antonio -

Discussion in 'Lone Star Glockers' started by SamP250, Nov 21, 2019.

1. SamP250

SamP250

Anybody else from San Antonio? It would be cool to hook up with folks who know about some outdoor improv shooting places. I go to Nardis gun club when the urge to shoot just won't let me be. I'd like to find a place to experiment with ballistics, targets, etc. If not, it would still be cool to talk with others from S.A.

2. Neldon

Neldon Sir Arthur if you Puh-leeze!

San Antonio area has several outdoor ranges for shotgun, three gun, IDPA, USPSA, etc.
    Check with a local IDPA club or indoor range.
    Https://Idpa.com/clubs/texas- tactical

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019

3. GKGlock

GKGlock

There are a couple of outdoor gun ranges just outside San Antonio..
    Bullet Hole Gun Range and Black Hawk gun range. They have 100 yd rifle and 25 yd pistol spots.

4. Longbow

Longbow Millennium Member

I used to shoot at Bullet Hole when I lived in SA for a brief moment (1.5 year). That's where I took my first ever CCW class.
    I met Rabbi there and a few other posters here.

Cool range and with full auto rentals and USPSA weekend matches back then.

Rabbi likes this.
  5. GKGlock

GKGlock

I haven't shot at either in years. I decided to put a bunch of old tires to good use...
    x-stacked them and covered with dirt. Planted some rye grass to hold the soil together
    and voilà.

6. e150gt

e150gt

I have been going to bullet hole with a buddy to shoot rifles and if I go by myself I go to mission ridge since it's by my house

7. GKGlock

GKGlock

I live about a 1/2 mile from Black hawk...I can always tell when SAPD S.W.A.T is over there. Sounds like WWIII.

8. Ranger54

Ranger54

I shot at Bullethole before moving to the Austin area. Great range, well run! I have not heard from Rabbi in like years! Is he still around???

Rabbi likes this.
  9. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

Hello old friend. It has been a long time.

I am not here much but I do poke around from time to time. I am still in San Antonio most of the time. My life is a lot different than it was then....and it was pretty wonderful then and it is now. I am grateful for that. :)

I am sending you a private message.

10. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

It is not SAPD SWAT (or it is very unlikely it is) That is the range that SAC Police Academy uses as well as lots of agencies for quals and various training, but not really SAPD. They have their own range at their Police Academy on 410 around Roosevelt.

If you get 30 people on the line for quals, it can be an impressive amount of noise. Especially if it is a rifle class.

11. JimP

JimP

I'm here as well. Always looking for a range that will let me work on draw and presentation - strong; weak; etc. Do my shooting at Bullis but they are pretty tight with the rules. Can't do a lot of what is needed to keep your skills sharp for "fighting" with a gun.

Rabbi - still owe you a coffee.

Rabbi likes this.
  12. Joe Gunn 308

Joe Gunn 308

Has anyone checked out Lonestar Handgun? I shoot there almost exclusively now. All steel pistol and rifle range, sight in range, trap and private ranges for real world training/practice.

13. FoleyAMG

FoleyAMG

Hey there...live in Schertz...

Shot at McQueeney Gun Club in New Braunfels...have shot a few times at Lonestar, great place, Vet owned, also shot at Nardis on Rolling Oak, just opened, pretty nice but high prices...and also Cedar Ridge Range in Bulverde is pretty good, outdoor...lot of options in the San Antonio metro area...