close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

San Antonio: Where to stay, etc. ?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by KenF, Nov 5, 2002.

1. KenF

KenF

I'll be attending my first match next month. I've read the FAQ, and GSSF web site info.

Any recommendations regarding where to stay, restaurants, etc. would be much appreciated. I'll be driving in from Houston on Friday. Also info on the range, such as ammo restrictions, is lunch available, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice,
    Ken.

2. Clem

Clem

KenF, the match is at Blackhawk Range (www.blackhawkrange.com/). There's a map on the website that might help. The range is S/SW from town. There's no close hotels/motels to the range. We live 28 miles from Blackhawk! Lunch is usually available at the range during matches (catered bar-b-que). There's no ammo restriction. We're gonna try to have a gathering Fri. and/or Sat. evening with "the Florida Gang" (a GREAT group of guys!!). Hopefully, BobbyC, MikeF, MarkM, RoyS, RonW, WayneD and other Texas fellers will be able to make it. too. I'll post any details as they are made. E-mail or post if you have any questions. Hope to see you next month.

Tony & Donna Clemens
    Team Sidearmor

3. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

I live in Houston and my wife and I enjoy spending the weekend in San Antonio every year. We have found the Hampton Inn SeaWorld to be a good location and usually a good value.

As Tony said, there isn't much close to the range so we stay where the restaurants are and just drive to the range for the match.

Hope this helps.............see ya there!

CCV

4. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

I just made our reservations at the Hampton Inn/SeaWorld! Mike, we'll be getting their in the early evening. Not sure on the time yet! E-mail Me!
    Dan:cool:

5. KenF

KenF

Many thanks to you all for the info. I'll try the Hampton, too. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone; sounds like a good group of folks.

Ken.

6. MFinch

MFinch Guest

We'll either stay in Boerne or Fredericksburg depending what else we get in to that weekend. Will most likely be bringing the wife this trip.

Did get an eye exam after Shreveport. Both eyes had changed...no wonder I could not see my sights. Took the 17 in and with a little aiming down his hallway and testing several different lense strenghts I think I'll be able to see. Also did a little overhaul on the unlimited gun.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

7. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

Tony, You can count on the wife & myself being there. I believe either evening would work for us but another of the Lubbock crew will not be arriving until Saturday sometime so if your plans aren't locked in, that would work good for us. We always like to eat a good meal with good company. We will be downtown somewhere. The wife found us a deal on a place to stay. Let us know when & where & if possible we will be there. Thanks for the invite. :) See y'all, MLM

8. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

And what did we do with our overhaul Mike? ;f

9. MFinch

MFinch Guest

Replaced the Holosight with a new, bright blue Aimpoint Comp XD. Lowered the dot another 3/8". Hope to test drive it this weekend. If life is good I'll have some new shooting glasses soon that I can see thru.

Hope things are going well for everyone.

10. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Things are just getting tighter and tighter. Let us know how it goes with the Aimpoint.