close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

San Antonio, TX Match.....

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by AggieMM, Oct 25, 2004.

1. AggieMM

AggieMM Aggie Glocker

Being a new glock owner (Purchased a 17 two weeks ago), my brother convinced me to sign up for the GSSF competition in December at San Antonio, TX. I registered last week, but being new to the competition, I had a few questions:

1) I don't currently own a holster nor a magazine holder. Should I start looking for these items? I know they are required for competitions like IDPA, etc, but are they required for GSSF?

2) How should I prepare? Currently, I'm practicing a 7 yards, and 15 yards. Any different distances? Any different techniques?

3) Anything else I need to bring?

I'm looking forward to the competition, and my goal is realistic. My goal is not to finish last. :) Next to last is ok, but not last. :)

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Ryan

2. AggieMM

AggieMM Aggie Glocker

3. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Those links I posted in the other thread can be a big help to you.

Practice at 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 yards because those are the distances you will be shooting at in GSSF.

Remember to go slow and get good hits. Going fast and getting bad hits will absolutely kill your score!

Welcome to GSSF!

4. TXMike

TXMike

Really focus on the basics of trigger control and sight alignment. Forget the clock and get good hits. Be safe, relax and have fun.