close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

San Antonio Texas Results!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by jel, Dec 12, 2002.

1. jel

jel

Check 'em out! www.gssfonline.com

Congratulations to all the winners!

Only 2 more to go! See you in Florida!

GSSF Staff

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Thanks Ms Webmeister and the entire Glock and GSSF staff!;+

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

A Big Thanks to the Web Master, GSSF Staff and all RO's for a great match and super job of getting the scores tabulated and posted.

A Big Thanks to our Coach and all Team Sidearmor Members. Two more first place plaques for Patricia's wall is a fitting Christmas Gift.

Hope everyone has a safe and fun Holiday with Family and Friends. See you'al at Jacksonville and Orlando.

4. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Looks like there may be problems with Clem's times.

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

????? Too fast?????

6. Fireglock

Read the results he posted in the debriefing, they don't match. I'm sure Tony and GSSF will sort it out. I just hope he didn't pull a Jerry and put a number in the wrong place! :)

7. Rag Flyer

Rag Flyer

Who is this guy? He really put a "whoopin" on me!! I thought I had the Law Enforcement class won with an 85. I guess not. At least I took the sub-compact. Anybody know what agency Mahmoud works for?
    Congratulations to everyone who shot the match. And a special THANK YOU to GSSF staff for the quick results online!!!

8. Hany

Hany

Howdy. Im Hany Mahmoud, Im a Dep.Constable in Tarrant co. Thanks for your kind words. Good show on your subcompact shooting. Gonna do it again in may?

This was a really well run match, no waiting, cool R.O.'s and went like clockwork for me, it was a pleasure. Hopefully we'll return the favor in may up here in Dallas. :) :) :)

9. jel

jel

The staff asked me to repost - changes in 3 classes so check the results again at www.gssfonline.com

Remember, the results are not final until the mailing.

Thanks for your patience and Happy Holidays to all! ;H;H;H

jel

10. Rag Flyer

Rag Flyer

I just checked out the changes, and noticed that now it does not show anything in the prize column.
    Mike

11. DannyR

It will, when GSSF is through sorting out the graduations to Master Category.

12. Rag Flyer

Rag Flyer

I keep finding posts where people are talking about Team Sidarmor. Is that a small group of guys that go to most of the matches or what???
    I went to www.sidearmor.net and saw a picture of a glock painted Olive Drab green. Is this something special from glock or just srray paint?

13. DannyR

Rag,

Team Sidearmor consists of about 30 men and women GlockTalkers, including one Junior Male. We shoot about 17 matches per year, from NH to FL to AZ. As Coach, I recruit my teammates and decide which members shoot on each team entry. Our first match as a team was Ft. Benning, 3/31/01. I presently have a waiting list of five "A-Class" Amateurs.

The olive drab Glock belongs to "Copmpensate This." Check with him about details of the frame.

14. Dirty Steve

Dirty Steve

Rag Flyer and Hany, Good shooting. Looks like I should shoot my Glock more than once a year at in service. ;b I placed a disappointing 7th :( I guess that why they hold more thean one shoot. So I can practice and try again.

Dirty Steve, Out

15. Rag Flyer

Rag Flyer

Thanks for the compliment! I know what you mean about praticing. Each year I say I am going to do some, then next thing you know it is match time again. I really got lucky in the sub-compact catagory. I won a G26 nust a few weeks before at the Shreveport match and never once fired it until I got to the match in San Antonio. I walked up to the line, loaded it and fired it for the first time then. Talk about lucky!! I can't believe I won. Now I'm getting really close to making master. I think I am going to pick a G34 and turn it into a "race" gun with a Carver mount and a CMORE sight. By the way, who are you working for?
    Mike

16. Dirty Steve

Dirty Steve

Oh, I remenber you. I was an RO on the five to Glock down by the plates.. That was fine shooting with that little pistol..

See you around..

17. TACO

TACO

I had problems with the plates bouncing back up. They way I see it, unless the RO tells me he is counting a plate as being knocked down, I will shoot each plate I see still standing. I was looking at the next plate was going to shoot, not looking back at the last plate. When I saw a plate still standing and the RO did not say it had been knocked down, I fired again. I have had plate bounce in the past and the RO says "You got it," and I moved on. Do you think I would have been wrong to ask to re-shoot the stage?

18. Fireglock

Taco, I've been going to GSSF matches for 7 years and I've seen the plates shot with every Glock there is and I have never seen a plate bounce back up. I've seen a couple come off the rack. :) An edge hit will ring out loud and clear but may not cause the plates to go down. A hit on the bar will sound off but won't knock anything down. If you feel something isn't right when shooting a match register your issue and let the the GSSF rep, usually Scott or Chris make the call. If the 8 seconds didn't cause you to loose money then making the wife happy was probably the right call. :)

19. Rag Flyer

Rag Flyer

Taco,
    While I was waiting for my turn on the plates, I did see them occasionally bounce back up after being hit. I don't recall anyone shooting at them again. They just left them standing. I couldn't tell you what caliber they were shooting when this occurred. I agree with Fireglock, I would have mentioned this to the RO for a reshoot. Then again, I sometimes wonder if I make a big deal out of some points I may move myself up a notch and miss a really nice prize in B or C group!! Just wanted to let you know that I did see the problem you mentioned.
    Mike

20. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

I too saw that happen on the plate rack on the left! Those were "club" plate racks, not GSSF's!
    Dan:cool: