San Antonio Match

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DEJ/FL, Dec 3, 2005.

1. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

The weather started off a little foggy and misting, however, by noon the sun came out and it was a perfect day for shooting! The clubs did a fine job of running the event and Mr.Chris Edwards was there to make sure evrything ran smoothly and Mark was handling regestration. Don and I waited a bit before going out to the Blackhawk range due to the fog! It turned out the be a very good desision! We got to talk to Clem and Donna along with Chris and the armorer, John McNally!
    Clem has new toy that he allowed us to shoot!;)
    All and all a well run match and great weather to boot!:)
    As for my shooting......lets just say I shot and leave it at that!;Q

Dan:cool:

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Had a great time. Enjoying visiting with old friends I don't get to see often enough. Shot like crap; looked like "spray & pray" but wasn't meant to be. Oh well Orlando on will be a different story in all 3 categories.

3. USMC06

USMC06 USMC Retired

Had a great time today at the match. Great people officiating. Saw old friends; met new ones. Can't wait for the next match. Bone-tired and brain-dead after a long day of shooting six divisions, but a very satisfying day indeed.

My hat is off to the RO's who were just as welcoming of every one from the first shot to the last.

4. Rag Flyer

Rag Flyer

Well, my wife and I just finished the long drive back to Dallas, and are glad to be home. The match was great and the fellow shooters even better! I brought a co-worker with me this year, and added one more member to the GSSF family. He and his wife really had a good time as well, and are looking forward to attending another match.
    As for my performance this year.....well, I'm getting there. Jumping into the deep end of the pool with all the master class shooters has really dealt me a big slice of "humble pie"!! I went all year without practicing for the match, and it showed. If I am going to swim with the big fish, I am going to have to spend some time getting used to shooting with the red dot sight. I actually had a better score this year shooting a 19 in Master Stock (72.something) than I did shooting my 34 in MU (82.something).
    So there it is, my goal for next year is to shave some serious time off my MU score. I will set 65 or better as my goal. Sounds possible, right??

Well anyway, thanks to all the RO's, range staff, and Glock folks for putting on a heck of a match. It was well worth the drive and can't wait to do it again!
    Mike Lane
    Lewisville, Tx

5. Panhandle Bill

Panhandle Bill Senior Member

Well I spent an extra day (Sunday) at the range because I didn't think I could possibly shoot bad two days running. Wrong !!!! But as one friendly RO told me, "you looked good doing it".

Had a great time, shooting ,visiting, and eating with friends. What more could you want....

Thanks to Blackhawk Range and GSSF for another great weekend. As I say every year, I had fun and will be back next year and hopefully shoot better!! :) :) :)

Bill

6. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

Well, I had a great time shooting. Shot Saturday, I thought the lighting saturday morning was near perfect after the drizzle stopped. It did get pretty hot in the afternoon but it was still a good day all around. I had my two best scores ever but I found out already I was outgunned in am-guardian. Oh well, I still have hope for the Comp. catagory!:) Thanks GSSF & Blackhawk. MLM

7. Clem

Clem

Sorry about the delay in posting, but we've been trying to catch up with stuff since this weekend! WHAT A GREAT TIME!!!! Hope everyone else enjoyed themselves as much as we did. Sure was great to spend time with dear old friends as well as make some new ones and place faces with names!! Way too many to list, so don't be mad at me!!! Donna shot several personal bests. She shot in all six categories, and with the exception of Master Stock, she broke 100 in each!! (That is, if our addition is correct ;) ;) ). Her Master Stock score was 102.xx, so she was real close with it!! Looks like the day when she whups me is getting closer!! Sad to see this weekend end, but we are looking forward to the next time we're able to visit, eat & shoot with our wonderful friends!!! Tony.

8. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Donna,
    Congratulations on some fine shooting in SA.
    ;+ ;+ ;+ ;+

Bobby and Brenda