close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

San Antonio Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Dec 4, 2004.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your stories here.

2. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

WELL..............Another "Remember The Alamo Ballastic Challenge" under our belts!!!!!! The weather held up and there was NO RAIN Saturday morning/early afternoon!!!!! We met MORE new friends and renew our friendship many older ones! The two clubs that perform the RO functions did a GREAT job!!!!!! The GSSF staff( Dave, Julie and Chris) did the normal OUTSTANDING job!! Thanks!!!! I had one of my better days with a 73.24 in Master Stock and a 56.88 in U/L;f
    My fellow teammates also had a GOOD day! ;)

Dan:cool:

3. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Well, no rain and fairly warm weather for this time of the year. I am having a great time. Made some great new friends. Shot ok, a couple sub 100's for my stock guns and a 110 for my Unlimited. Not to bad could have been better. May be next match. Until later every one have a safe time.

Pharaoh

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Well another one in the History Books. The weather has been very co-operative, NO RAIN. Temps are in the mid 60's and mix of overcast and some sun. My shooting was---------shooting. I had a horrible 188.xx in M/S but salvaged a 113.14 in AmCiv and an 84.xx in U/L, just couldn't stand the pressure of trying to beat my 65.18 at Lex a few short weeks ago. How soon we forget and the jerk follows you around. ;f Got to see many old friends and meet many new friends. The GSSF Staff, Chris, Dave and Julie did their usual terrific job of keeping things running smoothly. The host clubs did a great job and made things both interesting and enjoyable. Thanks a million guys, we appreciate your efforts in giving us a chance to have a fun weekend. ;c ;c ;c ;c ;c ;c ;c ;c ;c ;c

Now to enjoy the upcomming Holidays with family and then onward to Jacksonville, Vegas and Orlando. Gee I love this.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all.

5. bigbear_98

bigbear_98

I had a good time. Shot like crap though, but I was able to figure out why. Low and to the left they say........CRAP. Anyway, I enjoyed it. Met alot of my fellow GTer's. Face to the name as they say. Great people. This was my first GSSF so I was a little slow on the process, but like I've experienced in the past with IDPA and now IPSC, everyone was very helpful and willing to explain everything twice. I'll definitely go again. Thanks Guys.

6. Terminator

Terminator

I had actually arranged to be off work this weekend so i could attend this one, but came down with the same stomach virus that ive been treating so many people with lately. I really wish i could have been there and met some of you all. Maybe next time.

7. AggieMM

AggieMM Aggie Glocker

Wow, that was great. First time competing in GSSF, and as a matter of fact, first time ever competing with a pistol. I had a great time, and enjoyed meeting several of you guys, (at the plates, I was wearing one of the guys wearing an Aggie Hat, my brother had one too). :) I will definately do GSSF again.

Now I need to try IDPA. :) :)

Estimated score for first timer: 207.47

Ryan

8. buellxb9rider

buellxb9rider

hey it didnt rain.woo hoo.shot ok and kudo's too the range guys and the glock personnel.even picked up some 45 GAP brass.

9. RedhorseG20

RedhorseG20

Pangris and I had a great time. We got there early and shot plates first (rookie mistake?). I haven't calculated my score yet... Pangris got smoked by me, though! We'll make the drive in from LA again next year... may have to make the Dallas match, the Shreveport match... I think there is one in Atlanta...

:)

10. pangris

pangris Moderator

First time I ever shot GSSF. I think I shot a 92 with a G21 in Am Civ, but I have nothing to compare it to/base it on. Dont' know if that is good or bad or otherwise. Also, I could be scoring it wrong...

Main lesson learned was that I shouldn't rush at all. The only stage I really screwed meself on was Glock M - I had 16 seconds worth of penalties, all due to "C" hits. Bad USPSA habits - start to go fast instead of accurate. Very happy with my 5 to Glock - one C hit in the whole course - and plates were OK with a total time of 18.62... I bet I can hit 16.00 next time. I had to pick up one plate on 3 of my runs...

I liked it. I'm up for a few matches a year :)

11. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

No mud! (Thanks Tony)

12. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

I have to say, this was the best run match I have been to since I started this game. Julie, Dave, Chris, & armorer John all did great work. I also have to give my sincere thanks to all the r.o.s. I thought they did an excellent job keeping things running & making sure everyone had fun. My nephew shot his first ever any kind of match & seemed to have a good time. One of the plate r.o.s took some time to help him with his shooting. I appreciate that kind of effort a lot. It didn't pay him anymore(not that they get paid at all) to do that than to just stand there & make his commands so the extra effort was just above & beyond. Then there was dinner last night. Now tell me, how many sports can a person get involved in where you can sit down at a dinner with two of the worlds best competitors? No where but shooting, that is for certain. By my count there were 25 folks at the Alamo cafe last night & it looked like everyone had a great time. It was a very good time! MLM

13. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

A 92 probably won't get you the A class win but it will probably land you in the top ten of A class.

Good job!

14. pangris

pangris Moderator

Horse -

It is like golf - lower is better. Your 432 didn't beat my 92. Assuming I scored it right.

Dale - Thanks!

Sorry we missed dinner but had pressing business in H-town that night. We'll be at the next match within a 6 hour driving range!

15. Littlerock

Littlerock

I am glad to read only positive post regarding the San Antonio match thus far. I was the guy organizing shooting squad at the 5 to Glock stage next to the plates. Despite a couple shooters that were less than happy about the shooting squads(there is always a few rotten apples in the bunch and they are usually suck anyway), all other shooters were a JOY to be around. Of special note I would like to thank Mr. Bobby Carver for not only being a master shooter but also an all round nice guy. Hope to see ya'll next year, Bishop.

16. pangris

pangris Moderator

Hey little rock! I was the big guy in the long sleeve Thunder Ranch shirt that made a strong case for the following on saturday morning-

On the 25 yard target, if I shoot a bravo that breaks the perf, then another hole that touches that perf breaker, it could, in theory, be a bravo that was yawing and would have broken the perf - but we can't tell, since I shot another bravo there...

;z

And if that doesn't jog your memory... I shot not long after the guy shooting a G37 that asked for a ruling when his gun wouldn't run and he needed not one, but TWO reshoots... then told you he'd given you papers he hadn't... and took shi time reloading between the reshoots... ;Q

Thanks for being an R.O.!

17. jth440

jth440

my first match, and it was awesome. thank to John and the other amorers for the free work on my gun and the g37 trigger time.

thanks to tony for the hook up on the g20 mags.

sevigny is a nice guy too. maybe he could put on a clinic next year?

18. Terminator

Terminator

Gun failure, or didnt load enough ammo??

19. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

"On the 25 yard target, if I shoot a bravo that breaks the perf, then another hole that touches that perf breaker, it could, in theory, be a bravo that was yawing and would have broken the perf - but we can't tell, since I shot another bravo there..."

You know, when I'm a RO and a shooter starts bending my ear like that...well, it makes me wonder why I bother to volunteer my time...
    ANd I alway make sure I pass on to the other shooters(who are waiting) WHY we're taking so long between shooters(to hear your case)...

We've heard that excuse before...25 rounds downrange and the only one keyholing is a double...right...you finally put 2 shots together and wanna cry cause 1's a b and 1's a c...put 'em in the a ring and there's no problem.

20. pangris

pangris Moderator

Stovepipes - 2X. Didn't tap, rack and bang. *****ed, whined, and moaned.