close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

San Antonio 2003 Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Dec 6, 2003.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your comments here.

2. Clem

Clem

Just got back from Sat. evening dinner with a BUNCH of Glockin' friends! Just like last night, we had a blast with our dear friends from Florida and North Texas, as well as several new friends from all over. Donna's shooting all 6 categories open to her this time, since it's at our local range. She shot 3 categories today & will do the others tomorrow. I shot Unlimited today & will shoot Stockmeister tomorrow. Scores are as follows:

Donna- MajorSub = 102.94
    Subcompact = 161.75
    Competition = 121.39
    Tony- Unlimited = 45.86

Unlike years past, today's weather was GREAT!! A little cool in the morning, but it warmed up nicely & for once, it was DRY!! Will post again soon with Sunday's results. Thanks to the great ROs, who once again did a FANTASTIC job!! Tony & Donna

3. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

No mud?????

I wish I could have been there!

4. Clem

Clem

Beautiful weather, Mike, for the first time in my limited memory! I realize it's not as nice as the weather where you're at ;) ;) but for a San Antonio match weekend, we couldn't complain about anything! Wish you were able to make it, but maybe next year. Donna shot her other three categories and I finished up with my Stockmeister runs.

Donna - AmCiv = 107.63
    Stockmeister = 119.62
    Unlimited = 80.67

Tony - Stockmeister = 54.44

I decided, instead of the G17 I usually shoot in SM, to shoot a G21 .45acp. Bone stock with Meprolight night sights. And yes, Jerry, FACTORY Winchester 185-FMJs. Got down to 2.64 on the plates but had more misses than necessary to drive the total time up.

About the only down part of the weekend occured this afternoon. A co-worker friend of mine, shooting his first GSSF match, had 3 boxes of ammo & his scorecard "walk away" from where he sat them. Made him so mad & frustrated that, even after we and several other shooters offered him free ammo, he left, disgusted, I'm sure never to return to another GSSF shoot. While I'd like to think that it was an honest mistake by someone, the ammo & card wasn't "returned" by anyone. All it takes is one person like this to ruin it for my co-worker. In the years I've been shooting, I've never heard of anything like this happening, but that's little consolation to my friend.

Except for this, we had an absolutely GREAT weekend with GREAT friends & good food. Hope ya'll had close to as much fun as Donna & I did. Hope everyone got/gets home safe & sound, and returns next year. As always, a big THANK YOU to the GSSF staff and the wonderful ROs who donate their time, often thanklessly. Guys & gals, we really do appreciate everything!! Thank you for, once again, a job well done!! Tony & Donna.

5. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

:) :) :) :) :)

Yeeeee Haaaa The Florida contingent pulled in to Fort Walton Beach about an hour ago from our 1700 mile journey. What a trip! San Antonio is a great place but the roads leave a lot to be desired. So much construction going on you better no where your going. We shot on Sat. and the weather was just great. In the morning it took a while to get some of the stages working like a well oiled (well you get the idea). I shot about as average as I have right along.

Am/Civ-142.66
    Stockmeister-111.81
    Unlimited-93.49 (my fist sub 100 score)

Who would have known switching from 40 to a 9mm would have dropped my score so much so fast!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry to read about how bad some people really can be! Like Tony said I can't see this being a mistake. Who ever did this could not be a GT'er????????? I hope your friend will give GSSF another try and not let one bad apple spoil it for him. This is not the norm! Tony and Donna thank you so much for your great hospitality. With this being my first trip to TX it left a great impression. I'll be coming back.

Thank you to the GSSF staff! Another outstanding match!:cool: Once the RO's had a few stages under their belts things started moving along better. (great job)

Pharaoh

6. Mark S G34

Mark S G34

My wife and I made a full weekend of shooting. Saturday was a steel shot in the north SA area which I shot my G34 in IDPA div. came in 13th overall 2nd in my class. First time out with this gun at a real match and still having a lot of problems ajusting from 1 1/2 pound trigger on my STI. It will come with dry firing. Oh and my wife was HOA woman and 10th overall. Yes a C shooter kicked my butt. I told her it was because I was shooting my 500 glock and she had her 3000 open gun;g ;Q Also my 8 year old daughter took 3rd in .22 div.and her very first trophy at the match. Then it was off to my first GSSF match with some friends of ours(also there first time). My wife opted not to shot because she had never shot my friends G17 and she now feels bad she didn't shot. She said it was killing her to be there and not give it a try. We will be making both TX's and La matches next year. My duaghter will be shooting my G34 and my wife and I will shoot G34, G17 and an Open G17. Thank GSSF for a killer match. By the way how long before scores are posted???????

7. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Mark,

Probably by Thursday, Jackie will post a note in this forum when scores are available at www.gssfonline.com

8. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

I was with an RO as he scored my 5-to-Glock targets, and he said,

"6 mike. 6 mike."

I had a slamfire, or something so close to a slamfire that I couldn't tell the difference.

I scored a 39 on one string of plates, and over 200 on all the other strings.

I drove, waited, shot, and drove again from 6:20 am to 8:45 pm.

I saw 2 Glocks malfunction. One was an unlimited so really I only saw 1 Glock malfunction.

I gotta practice more.

9. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Brenda and I just returned from our SA trip, spending some time with many friends and doing some shooting. I didn't shoot too good but we enjoyed ourselves because of the friends we were blessed to see and visit with.

It looks like Tony took me in both UL and Stockmeister. I lost UL on the last run and the last stage. I shot a 5 pt penalty and that knocked me out. My 57.09 will hopefully hold up for 1'st Place Stockmeister. Unless someone shot really good in Stockmeister, Tony's score should hold for the Matchmeister.

Thanks to Tony and Donna for making the arangements at the Alamo Cafe Saturday evening.

I had the opportunity to spend some time discussing some upcoming events with Dave Sevigny and Chris Edwards. Thanks to Chris, Dave, Julie and Jackie for providing all of us another great match.

Best regards and "Merry Christmas"
    Bobby and Brenda Carver

10. jjayh

jjayh

Well, I cried all the way back to Lubbock.....
    Except for my pathetic shooting the weekend was really nice. Thanks again to Tony and Donna for their hospitality.

Jerry H

11. Panhandle Bill

Panhandle Bill Senior Member

Hello to all,
    My first post so I hope not to mess it up.
    I just wanted to say what a great time we had in SA. My sons and I shot together again and had a great time shooting and talking with everyone.The weather was good, the RO's helpfull and friendly ( as always ).
    " Life is good " and so is Glock shooting. Our thanks to Blackhawk Range and GSSF Staff.
    Tony, Sorry to hear about the problem. Hope he gives it another try because that sure isn't the norn.

Bill Woolsey
    Billy Woolsey
    Doug Woolsey

12. Clem

Clem

Donna & I enjoy the shooting & the matches, but it's friends like Bobby & Brenda, Jerry, Mark, Mike, Bill & his sons, our Florida friends (Don, Dan, Pete & Jerry), Danny R, John McNally, all the local buds we shoot with every weekend, the GSSF staff and many, many others too numerous to mention that make it truly special to us. If ya'll had HALF as much fun as Donna & I did this past weekend, it was a huge success!! We appreciate each & every one of you more than you know! Hope everyone's holidays are GREAT this year!! Be safe & take care!! Tony & Donna. (This one's for you, Jerry! ^5^5^5 ;) )

13. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

Yes indeed, it was a great weekend. I sure enjoyed having dinner with everyone that made it. The only problem is there isn't enough time to visit with everyone. I had an excellent match, also. I came up with the second best score I have ever shot, 73.18! It was sure a change in the weather from the last few years. It was perfect! It was also pretty fun to meet & visit with the new GSSF folks. David Sevigney really is a nice person. It will be exciting to see what Glock has cooked up for he & Julie. Does anyone know exactly what matches they will be shooting as a team? Are there more members of this team?
    Well, thanks to everyone, r.o.'s, gssf staff, & all the shooters for coming out & making it such a great time!
    MLM

14. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Geez Tony, all the favors you're doing for me! ;f Factory .45, now I have to shoot my .45 at Jax.

15. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Well another great San Antonio match has come and gone. Sorry for being so late posting but after I got home late Sunday evening I had an Air Conditioner/Heating Contractor in bright and early Monday morning installing my new system and they were working until 9:45 p.m. last night to get finished.

I want to thank all the GSSF Staff, RO's and Range Staff for doing a great job hosting the match. I had a great time and was able to see my wonderful Texas friends once again. The Fri/Sat evening gatherings were terriffic only thing we missed was Willie didn't show up Friday Night. ;f ;f ;f

Looks like "Team Sidearmor" should fair nicely. The AmCiv Team ( D. Clemens-107.63, M.Miller-73.18 and D. Dyer- 114.72 for a total 295.53); this was a much improved score over our last year score. Our S/M Team ( D. Johnson- 83.81, M. Finch- 98.60 and T. Clemens- 54.44) also faired well although their score is nearly the same as last years. Only time will tell.

The weather could not have been better. All in all it was a great weekend and an appropriate way to lead into the Holiday break. Onward to Jax, Vegas and Orlando.

I want to wish everyone A Very Merry Christmas and the Greatest New Years. Enjoy the break and hit the last 3 matches of this season with great gusto.;c ;c ;c

16. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

....Congrats Tony!!

Should be able to make the Jax GSSF match. Will be shooting my 27 in Stockmeister/UL @ Orlando.

....amazing what the "little guns" can do.

Jay

17. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Sorry this is SOOOOOO late!! What can you say about a PERFECT WEEKEND for the match!!!!!! The RO's where VERY friendly and helpful!! Thanks folks!! Glock had it's top GSSF crew and they did a GREAT job!!! Thanks to everyone! John NcNally keep everyones Glocks performing to perfection!! Thanks John!!
    And as always, it was GREAT to see all our Texas friends!! Thanks Tony and Donna for putting together wonderful dinner plans Friday and Saturday evening!! This will be a San Antonio macth for the record book! ;)
    Dan:cool:

18. Clem

Clem

Jay - Thanks. Won't be able to make Jax, but we hope to see you again in Orlando. Best of luck with the 27! (That's a serious personal challenge! I eagerly await the times/results. Will give us all something to shoot for!). Be careful, take care & watch that front sight!

Don & Dan - The only problems w/the Fri. & Sat. dinners was (as always) not enough time to talk & visit! We'll see ya'll in Vegas/Boulder City, then in Orlando! Can't wait! Take care, be careful & see ya'll soon!

Everyone - Season's Greetings to all of our friends (even the NJ ones - you know who you's are!) Howyadoin'? Hope that everyone gets all they wish for! Thanks to you all for making 2003 truly a year to remember. A very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all!! Donna & Tony Clemens.