·
Why so serious?
65,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: -JCN- and Gfive45

·
Registered
12,698 Posts
I have a Galaxy 10e and it is a STEAMING POS. I also have the watch which I do not use because it is also a POS. I am on team android only because I hate apple. That said, every brand of Android is better than Samsung and the only reason I have Samsung is that is what my employer provides. It is so bad I am very tempted to pay for my own just so I don't have to use this PILE O S.

·
Why so serious?
65,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear.

I have had bad luck with Samsung TVs, laundry machines... But my only disappointment with their mobile tech was the Samsung Galaxy S6 (too small battery = weak charge life). In fact, if aging eyes weren't a factor I could still live with a Galaxy S7.

My Galaxy Watch was a bit of a pain shortly after I got it (1 setting issue) but I got it straightened out on their forum.

I wish it natively allowed Google Search Assistant, but that's about the only shade I can throw.

Respectfully

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

·
Registered
12,698 Posts
Sorry to hear.

I have had bad luck with Samsung TVs, laundry machines... But my only disappointment with their mobile tech was the Samsung Galaxy S6 (too small battery = weak charge life). In fact, if aging eyes weren't a factor I could still live with a Galaxy S7.

My Galaxy Watch was a bit of a pain shortly after I got it (1 setting issue) but I got it straightened out on their forum.

I wish it natively allowed Google Search Assistant, but that's about the only shade I can throw.

Respectfully

My big issue with the watch is that it requires a password all the time and that is very difficult to enter on the small screen. Especially if you are riding a bike or something. I would not have a password but since it is a work phone they lock is down and that requires the watch be locked down. I do not know of a way for e-mail to not go to the watch so I can use it for time, altitude etc. without the password. That would make a lot more sense to me - password only for access to protected items. Anyhow, it has been such a pain I gave up on it and only used the watch for ~an hour. I should sell it.

Another huge problem is Bixby, you cannot turn it off and it is CONSTANTLY trying to get me to agree to turn it on. Now almost every time I open it is trying to get me to agree to Bixby daily. F U

I just want a phone that works and the phone part is terrible also.

Anyhow, sorry for the hijack, I had to vent.

Reactions: TBO

·
Why so serious?
65,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My big issue with the watch is that it requires a password all the time and that is very difficult to enter on the small screen. Especially if you are riding a bike or something. I would not have a password but since it is a work phone they lock is down and that requires the watch be locked down. I do not know of a way for e-mail to not go to the watch so I can use it for time, altitude etc. without the password. That would make a lot more sense to me - password only for access to protected items. Anyhow, it has been such a pain I gave up on it and only used the watch for ~an hour. I should sell it.

Another huge problem is Bixby, you cannot turn it off and it is CONSTANTLY trying to get me to agree to turn it on. Now almost every time I open it is trying to get me to agree to Bixby daily. F U

Try their forums, shouldn't have to enter a password/code every time.

I agree Bixby is crap (I'd pay more for an Android watch that was a bit less feature/performance wise if it also had Google Assistant working natively).

All the best

·
Registered
3,914 Posts

Go to settings-advanced features- Bixby Routine off.

I would like a simple watch that monitors Heart Rate, that my old eyes can read while cycling and able to see in daylight.

ETA I have the 10e and think its a very good phone. I came from the S4. YouTube has videos on the 10e.

·
The underscore is silent
5,233 Posts
I bought the Galaxy watch 46mm the day it came out (almost 2 years ago)... loved the aesthetic, loved the ease to change bands with virtually any 22mm band, and loved the battery life. I could get multiple days between charges by turning off stuff I didn’t use. No bluetooth, no email, no wifi, no Bixby, no Samsung Health, and no music player. It told time, made and received calls on LTE, and sent and received text messages... perfect!!!

Then the updates started. If/when any app or function or the entire operating system had an update pending the watch battery life would plummet without warning. I would leave for work at 100% and be wearing a powerless bracelet by lunch. Then I had to charge it for 30 minutes just to have enough battery to request and install the updates...charge overnight and start over.

I turned auto updates off... didn’t matter. Still did the same thing and I went from wearing a watch to a decorative bracelet one or two days a month. Then the operating system got a new update...Samsung promised that THIS would fix that glitch. Worked for a couple months then poof...no power. Charged up and searched for updates and there were no updates needed!? I called Samsung customer support and they said it must be the processor and gave me a return authorization for in warranty service and told me two things... 1) after repair they could no longer guarantee the IP-68 water resistance...sorry, once they open the watch case it might let water in going forward. And 2) they had been getting calls like crazy for my exact issue since the big operating system update...

I completely erased the watch...reset it to new and lost all my info...and started over from scratch, pairing it to my Galaxy S7 like it was new. Booted it up and voila... 7 pending updates! Once again, updates installed and the watch worked...until the next month where I had to repeat that process again. The third month I erased it and sold it on Ebay... lesson learned.

I liked my Samsung Galaxy and Galaxy watch combo...but it was too hard to be a customer. They had no idea what was going on and acted like I was the only person who ever had the problem when I called month after month after month...then I look on their forums and the problems are common. I gave them over a year to figure it out and they just got worse as time went on.

Changed to an iPhone and a GShock and haven’t thought about either since...the way it should be.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts

Ok I thought this was familiar. Back in August you had the same complaint and were given instructions on how to disable Bixby. Did this not work? Did you try it?

An easier way... From home screen, touch a spot that does not have an app and hold. When the pages collapse scroll left. That is bixby screen. Turn off.

·
Registered
12,698 Posts
Go to settings-advanced features- Bixby Routine off.

I would like a simple watch that monitors Heart Rate, that my old eyes can read while cycling and able to see in daylight.

ETA I have the 10e and think its a very good phone. I came from the S4. YouTube has videos on the 10e.
It is off, they still keep trying to come up and get me to accept and us Bixby. You cannot turn of bixby keys without accepting bixby and I am not doing that.

Lately it has been bringing up bixby daily all the time for some reason.

This sort of behavior by corporations infuriates me. Quit trying to force me to use your feature.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
It is off, they still keep trying to come up and get me to accept and us Bixby. You cannot turn of bixby keys without accepting bixby and I am not doing that.

Lately it has been bringing up bixby daily all the time for some reason.

This sort of behavior by corporations infuriates me. Quit trying to force me to use your feature.
Strange, using the two examples i gave i get no requests at all. It's like Bixby does not exist on my phone. Try a restart and my examples, :dunno:. I can understand your frustration with the phone.

·
Registered
12,698 Posts
Ok I thought this was familiar. Back in August you had the same complaint and were given instructions on how to disable Bixby. Did this not work? Did you try it?

An easier way... From home screen, touch a spot that does not have an app and hold. When the pages collapse scroll left. That is bixby screen. Turn off.
I just did this one. I had looked awhile back and did not see this one. This should get rid of the daily hopefully.

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts