Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Rip Lips
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's like Christmas, New Years and my Birthday all rolled up into one. Just shopping for stuff to get on the smoker tonight and WHAM, there she was in all her glory, back for the summer...if you like a good hoppy beer...get some of this magical nectar.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
have you tried the beer they just released for a limited time? It's called the Revolutionary Rye Ale I believe. They only made so much of it. The restaurant I work at was lucky enough to get a few kegs. So far everyone has loved it!

·
Registered
16,857 Posts
It's on my grocery list!

·
Come 'n Take It
1,252 Posts
I'll get some tomorrow. Always looking for a good beer.

·
I'll Take Point
291 Posts
Sweet! Thanks, Drake, appreciate the heads up. It's an awesome brew.

Tex

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
They had it in Des Moines this weekend. Excellent!

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
Picked up a case lastg weekend. It is my favorirte of the Sam Adams lineup.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
I'll have to check it out. I got sucked in by their advertising and find their beer to be kinda "meh." I do love the hops so we will see if this one is a winner.

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
I'll have to check it out. I got sucked in by their advertising and find their beer to be kinda "meh." I do love the hops so we will see if this one is a winner.
I'm a hophead, so if you are like me, you won't find it hoppy like Fat Tires Ranger or Terrapins Hoppsecutenor, but it is still very good.

·
Get off my lawn
42,701 Posts
Definitely my fav, but this year it seems to taste more citrusy. ????

I've got 4 cases already. I scored late last year and didn't get enough to carry me until Rocktoberfest.

·
Shrug Life
2,454 Posts
I'm a hophead, so if you are like me, you won't find it hoppy like Fat Tires Ranger or Terrapins Hoppsecutenor, but it is still very good.
Exactly. It's hoppy in the sense that Pilseners are supposed to be: with spicy noble hops and well-balanced bitterness.

I need to go pick some up, too. I haven't had any since last year.

ETA: <<<Hophead as well.

·
Swollen Member
590 Posts
You hops fans should also put Bell's Two-Hearted Ale and HopSlam on your list.

·
Premium Member
8,319 Posts
Thanks for the reminder. I'm not a fan of the seasonals except for this one.

Hard to beat Boston Lager :patriot:

·
Rip Lips
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am not much of the big fan of many of the craft beers that are too heavy like oatmeal stouts, super darks, just my taste buds. But if you hopheads like an amazing bouquet of hops, not sure what it is about the Cascade hops but if you can find beers with Cascade hops as the main flavor, buy em. Hales made one about ten years ago that was off the hook good, haven't seen it back since that summer.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts