Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I grew up shooting an M1 Garand, Carbine, and 1911. I decided to invest in four service grade H-R Garands and placed an order with the CMP last December.

A good friend of mine told me he knew Gary Anderson, the Director of the CMP. He called him and suggested that he pick out some good ones for me. Gary told my friend that all he could do is tell the folks to take a little extra time filling my order. He wants to be fair to all the customers who order through the CMP.

At first, I thought this was real nice of him to do that. I'm all about being fair to everyone. I was not disappointed.

The Fed X truck arrived yesterday. What I got went beyond my expectations.

All of the rifles are in original condition. Very good original condition.

Rifle #1 - Depot rebuild with Springfield Bolt, trigger guard, and LMR barrel. Guages 2 for the throat and 1 for the muzzle. Virtually new. The stock is an original walnut with crisp proof marks. This will be the shooter.

Rifle #2 - All H-R. Never been rebuilt. Guages 2 and 1. Stock is original walnut but displays some carrying use. Belongs in a Musuem.

Rifle #3 - All H-R. Original birch stock that appears to have very little use. All Cartouches are crisp. Guages 2 and 2.

Rifle $4 - All H-R. Original Walnut stock in Good condition. This rifle guages 2 and 1.5. This is the roughest of the group, but is in very good mechanical condition. Shooter number 2.

All rifles have very good original metal finish. All barrels have mirror like bores and all rifles are tight.

These are service grade guns. So they do display some nicks in the wood. But there are no cracks or large gouges. They came in a very nice CMP hardcase for each rifle.

Get them while you can. Thank you Mr. Anderson. I salute you.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I've had my CMP Garand for several years now. It is a piece of history and an excellent shooter.

Congrats!

Edmo

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Congrats! My dad and I went in together on a Garand from CMP. I love it, for some reason he insists on keeping it at his house:whistling:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts