close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Salt Lake City Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Jun 29, 2002.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Ok, Shooters, post your stories here.

Bobby, did you break the 40.00 barrier;d

2. DannyR

Now don't be shy.;Q

3. glockshootist

glockshootist

One word...forgettable.;g A C finish in Subcompact, unfortunately. I made the mistake of not taking any water to the range and spent 2 hours in the hotel room afterwards trying to re-hydrate. Will try to concentrate on mechanics and slow down when shooting Am Civ this morning.

The upside is that the RO's were exceptionally competent and friendly. There was no waiting to shoot. Also, picked up some excellent full cap mags at $40.00 each.

Had the opportunity to watch Bobby Carver shoot...that was worth the price of admission.:cool:

4. DannyR

Were you and Bobby the only two shooters there?

5. glockshootist

glockshootist

So it would seem to the casual observer.:) I'm interested to read others perspective on the match, as well.

6. LeggNet

LeggNet www.UDPL.net

Shot Am-Civ & Subcompact on Saturday morning...

Only the second GSSF match I have shot - but this year seemed to flow a bit quicker than last years. The weather was hot but thankfully the breeze kept it bearable.

Don't know how this played out on entries this year, but the club I belong to (UDPL) had a long scheduled Three Gun Match on Saturday. With this being Utah and all, that could keep shooters away since they would be reluctant to shoot the GSSF match on Sunday.

I shot well (for me) in Am-Civ, but felt I did very badly in Subcompact.

All in all, I really enjoy GSSF.... I am now looking to travel out of state and pick up a couple more matches here in the west before the year's end.

Cheers...Rich
    www.UDPL.net

7. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Pardon me for being so tardy to reply but Brenda and I just returned home last night from SLC. We had a great time. We met our friends, Dale and Alice Rhea, and enjoyed spending some time with them. In addition, we made new friends that we will look forward to seeing again.

My performance was not one of my best. I finished with a 49.79 in UL and a 61.50 in Stockmeister. I blew the M on both and suffered the results.

Sharon was in charge and making sure all of the wheels were oiled and running smooth. As usual, the rest of the Glock team were topnotch. If any of you were near the SLC area Saturday or Sunday and chose to sit at home and watch TV, you missed the main attraction at the GSSF match.

I did get the opportunity to meet one of the fine shooters from the SLC area. Below is a picture that I took. George, why not tell everyone what you were shooting and how you did?

8. GeorgeB

GeorgeB

I shot 5 to Glock and was happy with the score (16.53) then I shot M and did great on the first run, the time was right were I wanted it and I called all my shots in the A and B zones. Then I noticed some one watching me from the corner of my eye and I was pretty sure it was Bobby Carver (WOW) and for some reason I got nervous. I noticed that my hands started shacking and I couldn't even call my shots. Anyway I later introduced myself to Mr. and Mrs. Carver Who are very Nice people. In fact my wife is now so excited that she can't wait to shoot her first GSSF match.

I'm shooting a G34 with the following:
    Tasco PDP5 attached with THE Accessories mount
    Tungsten guide rod
    Skate board tape on the grips (I also chalk my hands)
    I have Heine fixed sights attached for IDPA matches, however, after seeing B. Caver's light wieght slide I'm going to remove them.
    Everthing else is stock Glock

As for ammo I shoot the "cheapest whatever" I can put together so I can shoot more (I'm on a budget). I know it's not the most accurate but as long as you can hit inside the B ring I'm happy.

GeorgeB

9. DannyR

George,

Welcome to the GSSF Forum. YOu are now part of our family.:)

Congrats on your shooting. It's not easy to beat either Bobby or Dale, but you beat both of them! This beer's for you.;c

10. Guest

shot my 19 at gssf this weekend

this years match seemed to really flow a lot better than last year. The ro's did a great job at keeping the match flowing. i did win some money being the high junior male. (also the only junior male) i dont feel real good about my score on the plates because a couple of them wouldnt fall with my 9mm loads but feel good about my other scores

Thanks
    KL