Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Methberry PD
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to make a responsible buying decision regarding my next firearm purchase.

P6s vary wildly in price around here. Locally, a guy want's $600 for a used German P6 with one mag :rofl:

At Bradis Guns in Indianapolis I can get one for $399 with a couple of mags and a holster.

JG Sales has them for $330. Shipping and transfer fees have to be considered though.

I do not own a Sig but would like one. However I want nothing to do with the polymer frame offerings, they simply don't interest me. I also only have very few 9mm pistols so this would be a "boost" in that department.

Saiga .308 has interested me in a while. I do not have a .308. I see this getting banned in the near future so that's why I'm considering buying one now. Prices are $450-650 in my area.

Considering one or the other. I'm not a huge Sig fan, but I would like to have an old school Sig for my collection. Are there issues with cracked frames, rails, etc on these old 9s?

·
Cold War Sailor
571 Posts
You mention you already have a few 9mm pistols. Do you have a good rifle?
If not, get a long gun. I would round it off with the Saiga, but I would probably look at a .223 or 7.62x39 first cause of the price of the ammo.
The P-6 was one of the standard Police pistols in Germany for about 30 years. It is in my opinon overbuilt for the 9mm. I have yet to hear of any provlems with them. Great pistols.

·
Methberry PD
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got an SKS, a Mini 30, a Bushmaster XM-15, and a Mini 14. So I've got those areas about covered. The .308 is the only rifle I'd be interested in now.

I've only got two 9mm pistols, and one of them is a Helwan, not exactly a quality pistol.

·
NRA Life Member
543 Posts
Howdy fellow hoosier...

I think P-6's are a little over priced for now. They also will be around for a while. So many foks picked them up cheap that they do regularly come up on the used market. If you have the scratch, I would get the Saige .308. These seem rare enough to hold their value.

·
Methberry PD
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Howdy fellow hoosier...

I think P-6's are a little over priced for now. They also will be around for a while. So many foks picked them up cheap that they do regularly come up on the used market. If you have the scratch, I would get the Saige .308. These seem rare enough to hold their value.
Thanks. I see your Wabash Giant. I'm looking at the campus right now :whistling:

I'm wishing I didn't miss out on the $299 sale on the Saiga .308 that Classic Arms had last week! :shocked:

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
That P6 is overpriced :rofl: I bought a swiss Zurich PD P228 with three magazines for $600

1 - 6 of 6 Posts