Glock Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I have a Saiga 12 that is currently bone stock, no upgrades at all. At some point I'm going to fully set it up. Who does the best conversions if I pay to have it done? How much will it cost? If I do it myself who sells the best parts? How much will it cost? What will I want to think about?

My end goal will be a SBS with under 14 inch barrel, and folding stock. I want this to remain very reliable.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
If you're going SBS, you'll want to start the paperwork for the ATF so you're legal.

As for parts and/or services, SouthpawG26 has the links covered. Carolina Shooters Supply also has some DIY videos that'll walk you through a basic conversion. It really is pretty easy to do with some basic tools (drill & dremel).

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At this point I'm in the planing stage of this project. It will be six months to a year before I can start the paperwork for the SBS. I don't want to start until I have everything planed out. I'm good with tools so I will most likely do the work myself. I may pay to have the barrel cut down and rethreaded when it comes time.

·
Huge Member
12,241 Posts
Pretty easy to convert. Cost you about $100 give or take if you do it yourself. Do the conversion and then cut the barrel down later when you get around to it.

·
Electron maker
515 Posts
I can tell you if you are going to make it a short barrel gun then it is NOT as simply as cutting it down and ending up with a RELIABLE gun! Doing the BATF paperwork is a big investment in time and money in itself. Whoever you go with have a detailed discussion of your goals for a SBS first! Very few gun builders can successfully do a reliable SBS Saiga 12. One builder that can successfully make this happen is rifle dynamics in Las Vegas. The wait will be extremely long but they have a proven track record of getting the gas ports to the correct size and number do holes to function with various shells. They can make the barrel so short and reliable that asbestos gloves are required to shoot the gun without burning your hands.

·
Banned
45,580 Posts
I did mine myself, using CSS parts. If you are going to SBS, start now. Get your stamp going, and get in line at Tromix. Do it right the first time.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
I did mine myself, using CSS parts. If you are going to SBS, start now. Get your stamp going, and get in line at Tromix. Do it right the first time.

Same here. It really isn't difficult to do. As long as your gas ports are drilled right, and you arent building a SBS, there really isn't a huge need to send it out to have the work done.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.