Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals,

New here and really enjoying the forum. Quick question that im wondering if someone can help me with. Field stripped my Gen 4 G19 yesterday to clean. After cleaning everything but before re assembling was just looking everything over to make sure all was well. With the slide upside down i pressed the firing pin safety plunger and pointed the slide muzzle down and then muzzle up. with muzzle up (firing pin in rear position) i released the firing pin safety. Shook slide back and forth. Firing pin moves freely as i understand it should. Heres the million dollar question. right as i released the firing pin safety plunger, i heard an audible pop or click sound. Nothing that sounded really bad, i just didnt expect it. trying to figure out what that sound was. Is it possible that my extractor moved out of place somehow, as i know the firing pin safety has something to do with holding it in. I just dont want it to go flying out at some random time. I cycled the pistol by hand several times and everything seems normal. Just concerned that maybe the extractor is out of whack and i dont realize it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Hello and Welcome.

Reactions: Paul Driggers

·
JAFO
4,644 Posts
Welcome to G.T. from southern Illinois.

Reactions: Paul Driggers