close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

safety course

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by DK13, Jan 2, 2006.

1. DK13

DK13 Well Hello

Does anyone know of any additonal hunter safety courses i can take in McDonough County (or near there) in western IL? I have checked the DNR site and the only ones offered previously I had to be at conferences those weekends.
    Anyone help?? I'd like to get it done soon because i was invited to go on a coyote hunting trip late this month.
    Thanks.

2. Greybeard

Greybeard

Texas H. Ed. instructor here. Sorry to ne the bearer of bad news, but methinks ya might have a tough time finding a class this late in season. Most instructors are volunteers and do most classes before major seasons open. Unfortunatly here, my classes max out in late August (just before dove season)and again in late October (just before deer season) and I sometimes have to turn students away and/or slide to a less desireable date. However, I've scheduled classes during the month of May and been lucky to have one or two students show up ...

Best I can suggest is to keep checking with the state boys - and/or be prepared to travel to attend a class. FWIW, I had a guy from Houston drive up (to north of Dallas) for a class I did last Wed. night. And got a guy driving in from Austin for one tomorrow afternoon. Again, late in season and they can't find a class close to home ...