close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Safety -block-for glock trigger

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jw-in-Fl, Nov 25, 2003.

1. jw-in-Fl

jw-in-Fl

Does anybody know about or seen a device called a safety block trigger guard for glocks, any opinions ? thanks

2. Wicked96SS

Wicked96SS Typical Gun Nut Millennium Member

Safety Block

I don't have one, but looks like it might be a good solution if you carry unholstered in a coat pocket, or something like that. Not that I would suggest doing that in the first place.

3. ProCarryNAustin

ProCarryNAustin

Just something to get in the way when you need it to fire most. A much better solution is a proper holster that covers the trigger and proper trigger procedure where you don't put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to shoot.

Daniel
    Austin, Texas

4. plumbum

plumbum

dont listen to them...

GET ONE!!!!!!!

it is made so well the easiest/littlest pressure on the side will "shoot" it out.

in fact it is faster and easier than taking an ambi safety 1911 off when you are drawing it up.

plus its something that will help in court.... to show that you intentially pulled the trigger and not a nervous mistake.....(oh, and for all you people that will say,"if i shot em i meant it". try to tell that to a jury that doesnt know anything about you or guns....

5. commander

commander

It's one more thing to teach yourself to remember. No thanks. Too risky. What if you forget? That's why my 1911 stays in the safe most of the time. Too many things to remember is why I switched to Glock in the 1st place.
    I prefer to teach myself to keep my finger out of the trigger guard until I'm ready to fire.;)

6. gabriel999

gabriel999

I don´t think it functions so well as a safety, I use mine with a small combination lock to secure my Glock when there´s going to be children around and I can´t have the pistol on me, like if I´m going to a weekend house or the beazh or something like that.

7. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

I use a Saf-T-Blok in my G30 as I carry it in a SmartCarry holster.
    The holster is excellent, providing secure storage in all weather and all attire and all circumstances. I wouldn't have it any other way.

8. Glock Guru

Glock Guru FIREARMS DEALER

I usa one off and on. It works great, just like they say it does. It takes no more time to draw shoot and fire with the lock installed than if it was not installed. Bottom line, just a little extra saftey.

9. AWMP

AWMP

Worth the investment, easy to secure the pistol when the kids are around, does'nt cost a lot and works, wish I could say that about all my gun investments.

10. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

I use one. I carry in a specially made purse, not a gun purse. A friend made my purse smaller than a traditional gun purse and better made for my needs with a pocket for the gun and pockets for two spare mags. I have been trying to get her to make these things and SELL them as I see quite a market out there.

If you are interested in the Safe-T-Bloc, practice with it. It will become second nature to you to pop it out. It doesn't even take a second and for me it gives me an extra sense of security in my purse. There is no danger of pens, lipstick or the like getting into the trigger area and causing a discharge but there is no such thing as being TOO CAREFUL with a gun, loaded or not. Period.

Some people are against the gizmo, some are for them. Some people prefer 9mm while others like a .45. It is all a matter of personal peference and what works for YOU. Just because it works for me doesn't mean that it will or won't work for you.