Safe Queen since forever...

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Gfive45, Jun 11, 2020.

1. billy b

billy b

I have picked up quite a few guns off people that bought them new & never shot them. when I get them, they are shot. that what guns are made for.

ak103k likes this.
  2. drumgod

drumgod

I have a 10/22 I traded a pair of Alpine 6x9 speakers for. It's been to the range twice in 25 years. I just don't shoot a lot of .22

FullClip likes this.

3. norcalAF

norcalAF

My dad has an old Stevens single shot 12 guage I've been hounding him about for years to let me have. It's from the early 1900s.

Folsom_Prison likes this.
  4. nerr

nerr

Taking that anywhere near a gravel pit would just be wrong. Put it in a glass case and take out when company comes over.

orangejeep06 and FullClip like this.
  5. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

I do take it out when there is an old Lone Ranger show on TV...and my mask..

orangejeep06, boilergonzo and ak103k like this.
  6. ede

ede

I have a lot I don't shoot. Some I think for 20 years more or less. Biggest reason is time and sometimes a place to shoot. My range at home is pistol only so no rifle shooting there. I try to limit the guns I have with me to 15 or so. Some are for fun others for games. I try to rotate the fun ones each time Im home and have something different to shoot. Loading ammo is always a issue too so I favore RimFire.

7. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

Mine are super common, but just never get shot. A Colt 1911 and a stainless SIG 232. I don't want to part with them, but they just never get taken to the range and shot. Wiped down on occasion, and put back in. Sadly, the safe is their full time home.

8. Ofc.JL

Ofc.JL

This: 1968 Walther PPK in 7.65 Browning(.32 ACP). Not in perfect shape, but in very good shape. Box, spare mag, cleaning rod, manual. It is my personal treasure. Found it in a Pawn Shop last year, and gave $500 for it. I will never sell it, it will be willed to my Brother when I check out. Picture right after I bought it. This has always been one of my "Holy Grail" firearms.
    IMAG0505.jpg

Attached Files:

9. CBennett

CBennett

^^ This I cant afford expensive guns so all mine have a "use" none are really all that "rare" or expensive I think the 3 most pricey guns I own are the M1 Garand, my BCM AR and a Remington Premier Sporting 1100 12ga....

I dont really own "safe queens" but the ones ive shot the least recently have been

The M1 Garand..im running outa ammo(bought 3 200 round boxes originally) and im down the the last box...probably have 80-100 M1 Garand rounds left..and they are not cheap to shoot as ammo is kinda specific and so far though ive kjept the empties I dont currently reload..but kept the brass to do just that someday.... so I havent shot that since last June 6th...

My hand me down Grandfathers old .22 revolver H&R its circa 1954-57 cant remember....it is in awesome shape but its horridly inaccurate..something is off with the sights and I cant fix it so..if it would hit the broadside of the barn at 25-25 feet id probably shoot it a LOT..but it cant..so it sits...probably until I want to get it out again to see if i can figure out why its so inaccurate.

my shotguns... I have not shot a round of skeet or trap in almost 2 years now....I need to get back out now in retirement and enjoy it..think the last time I shot a shotgun was 2018.

I dont have/own guns id not shoot or collectors pieces just have no need for them id rather spend the $$ on other things.

10. Steel & Wood

Steel & Wood Build the Wall

[​IMG]

My Chinese prebans don't leave the safe except to be moved for access to the AKs behind them.

11. Matt VDW

Matt VDW Millennium Member

I have a Chilean 1912-61 Steyr Mauser that I've never shot. The reason is that I haven't wanted to pay a gunsmith to verify that the Chileans did everything correctly when they re-barreled it in a transition from 7x57mm to 7.62mm NATO.

It's increased in value over the years, but finding a local buyer interested in a 108 year old mil-surp wouldn't be easy.

12. wjv

wjv RIP Stan Lee.. . .

Browning HP MkIII
    [​IMG]

Winchester 9422M (Mag)
    Bought a Henry Small Game Carbine in 22 mag to use as my shooter.
    [​IMG]

They don't make either of them anymore.
    Also have a Marlin (JM) .22 LR bolt gun and a Marlin (JM) .22 Mag bolt gun I don't use anymore. Since I went lever gun, I don't shoot the bolt guns anymore.
    .22 LR
    [​IMG]
    .22 Mag
    [​IMG]

Plus two M1 Carbines I don't really use.

13. CajunBass

CajunBass

I haven't fired my 4.2" Colt Python, but I will get around to that one, one of these days. There's a 1966 Colt Trooper in 38 that I don't think has been fired since it left the factory. I probably won't shoot it. Smith and Wesson 19-1 that I suppose I'll get around to one of these days. A S&W AR-15 I've never fired and probably never will.

I've owned and sold guns I never fired. No big deal to me.

14. Omaha-BeenGlockin

Omaha-BeenGlockin

Sheridan Silver Streak---bought in 91 and has never been shot--still has the hang tag on the trigger guard.

Hasn't been used mainly because my Blue Streak that my parents gave me in 71 still works just fine. Plus they don't make them anymore.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  15. BigBull 301

BigBull 301

If I own it it's been shot...

16. ctfireman

ctfireman

I have a 6906 that sits in the safe. Others are more fun to shoot, I just love the look of it.

Steel & Wood likes this.
  17. nipperwolf

nipperwolf

DSC_7550w.jpg

My Winchester .357 compact Trapper. Not to be confused with the Trapper Compact model that was released in 2006, the last year that Winchester made lever guns. Only difference is location of safety lever. Bought mine in '96 or'97. Went to the range a few times, for a few rounds. Then it sat for a long time. A couple more outings in the last 5 years. It's in 98% condition. I've seen a few of these in worse condition sell on GB for $900-1100. But I'll never sell it. It will go to a nephew.

18. Steel & Wood

Steel & Wood Build the Wall

Just thought of another one that I will never shoot, my Colt le6920, bought brand new in box in August of 2012 (right before the Sandy Hook hoax!).

I guess a couple others would be my Russian Makarov IJ70 and my s&W 686 "no dash"!

19. wjv

wjv RIP Stan Lee.. . .

How much you want for it?

:)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  20. ctfireman

ctfireman