Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a solution to store my glock. I want a lockable system, a safe being ideal. The problems is that I am a college student and a 80-100lb safe just isn't easily transported from my school residence to my families home. On the flip side, a lock box is light and is as easily snatched as a glock plastic box. I am wondering if you guys have any creative ideas to keep my gun under lock and key, specifically to prevent it to walk away.

·
Registered
78 Posts
you can get a small safe/lockbox and bolt it to the wall/floor to secure it, and unbolt when you need to go elsewhere with it and then bolt it down there.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I am looking for a solution to store my glock. I want a lockable system, a safe being ideal. The problems is that I am a college student and a 80-100lb safe just isn't easily transported from my school residence to my families home. On the flip side, a lock box is light and is as easily snatched as a glock plastic box. I am wondering if you guys have any creative ideas to keep my gun under lock and key, specifically to prevent it to walk away.
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=274442

Comes with a braided steel cable that could be secured around a pipe or other perm. fixture. Not Larger than Glock Tupperware and much more secure.

·
Registered
23 Posts
try and get a small handgun lock box and bolt it to your floor or just buy a decent safe and leave it at your parents. another option which i would not recommend at this time is keeping it at your bank's security deposit box. as i recall theres no laws against storing LEGAL firearms in them but you run the risk of your bank going under during a time like this and your gun might disappear!

·
Nevada Glocker
482 Posts
When you say "school residence" do you mean you live on campus? Do you have roommates? Does your school allow firearms? The answers to these questions would do alot to help us help you. If you live on campus and your school does not allow firearms then my advice would be to keep it at your parents' house. If you live on campus and are not breaking any rules/laws by having your gun, I'd say take it with you when you leave (if you have a ccw). There's just too many variables here to provide you with a sensible answer....until you tell us more.

·
Nevada Glocker
482 Posts
Then I would go with the other posters here, and recommend you get a bolt-down safe of small-but-solid stature. Find somewhere creative to put it, and cover it up with something when it's closed and locked. Don't tell anyone where it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts