Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Does it have to be a Colt? The only S/A I've got is a USFA, SAA, in 45 Colt. From 2006.

Sleeve Everyday carry Revolver Electric blue Natural material

Revolver Air gun Trigger Ammunition Gun barrel

I don't shoot it a lot, but it sure is purty. It's an "American made" model. No Uberti parts. It was made in Hartford Conn, in the old Colt factory building I understand. They call it "under the blue dome." Shame they're a part of history now.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Does it have to be a Colt? The only S/A I've got is a USFA, SAA, in 45 Colt. From 2006.

View attachment 978933

View attachment 978935

I don't shoot it a lot, but it sure is purty. It's an "American made" model. No Uberti parts. It was made in Hartford Conn, in the old Colt factory building I understand. They call it "under the blue dome." Shame they're a part of history now.
Very nice SAA you have. Need not be a Colt. One of my favorite SAA style guns is this 4.6” original Ruger Vaquero. 45 Colt. Built like a tank
Revolver Air gun Trigger Rectangle Gun barrel

·
NRA Benefactor
5,734 Posts
Can't afford the real thing, but of any handgun, the SA's seem to be a gun that has feel right;. barrel length, weight, etc. I guess maybe because an SA has to feel like it's part of you to shoot well, more so than any other type of handgun. At least in my experience.

:

Kitchen appliance Pet supply Recipe Cuisine Cooking

·
Registered
8,971 Posts

View attachment 978933

View attachment 978935

IMHO, that's better than a Colt. Nice piece.

Reactions: CajunBass

·
Stop the steal!
19,068 Posts
Looks like the 1889 has a cut down front sight......does it shoot to point?

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
at one time had one of the US military issue “artillery“ model 45’s ( bought for a fair price and later sold for much more) and the problem was it shot a good 1 foot high at 50 feet.
fairly common with older guns from my experience especially old military rifles.
those USPFA single actions were very nice. I at one time owned a les Baer 1911 with the 1.5 inch group package. A friend had one of the short sheriff model USFA’s. I could shoot the sheriffs model as well as the Baer ( out to 25 yards at least)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like the 1889 has a cut down front sight......does it shoot to point?
It does not shoot to point of aim. It shoots high. I have loaded light rds with 250 and 230 gr bullets and shot cowboy rds But can’t recall the weight. Part of its history, I suppose.

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
Dragon, nice. those appear to be decent prices these days. Are any shot or NIB?
Those were previously owned by a Colt employee. They were service award pistols and allegedly never fired. I live in Northern Connecticut and we see quite a few of these Colt and S&W employee guns coming on the market. The retired employees are aging out and it some circumstances, their family members don’t want the guns. Mine has now been shot. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts