close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sa

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by weakeyes, Dec 2, 2006.

1. weakeyes

weakeyes

Howabout Y'all who are in SA, give us (wanted to be there but couldn't make it) a regular update on all thats going on,what courses are you shooting, whos shooting good ect. ect.weather,lot of shooters,so on and so on.
    Bill B.

2. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

HELLO Weakeyes!!! You were missed! Don and I got to the range around 10:00 as the sun was coming out and the weather was nice! We both did pretty well, shooting through by 1:30. Just about that time the clouds came in and the wind was starting to pick up.
    We saw Bill and Doug Woolsey, Mark Miller, Mike Wood, Tony & Donna Clemens and some other regulars that I can't recall the names. We also met a couple of gents in wheelchairs shooting there first match! They did VERY well considering they both shot one handed!
    GSSF had the "A" team at San Antonio keeping the match running smoothly , Chris Edwards and Cindy Noyes. The courses of fire were the original 5 to Glock and Glock "M". All the RO's did an OUTSTANDING job today! They made our visit that much better!

Dan:cool:

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Bill; you have to stop backing out of these matches. :thumbsup: We were looking for you all day. Today would have been a great day for your "Inaugural Swim in The Deep End".:thumbsup: It was a well run match but they did use the old standard 5 to Glock and Glock "M". I was looking forward to another one of the new ones. Remember Orlando is Feb. 10th & 11th. Nice time for a Disney Vacation and some fun shooting.

4. weakeyes

weakeyes

Thanks guys, I sure would like be there, hope you guys win some stuff
    Bill B.

5. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

Bill, I got to the range @12:45. The sun was out & the weather was pretty nice. I shot a few rounds & got things going the way I wanted them to. I shot the unlimited first & actually did pretty well with my little "cheapo" unlimited gun. It's a 17c with a used Carver Hunter mount & a $15 BSA tube sight on it. It worked amazingly well & shoots very flat. The differential in height kind of bit me on the 25 yrd shots since I had sighted in at 11yrds for the plates but other than that, I was pretty happy with the MU score. I was glad it was the old traditional stages, although they are slower, I am much more familiar with them so it was comfortable shooting. I wound up with @62+ on MU then I shot my MS 17 & did ok. If I added it right, it is about a 74 & change. Neither one is likely to win anything but still, I'm happy with the way I shot. Got to see lots of old friends & had a really good time. The two clubs that put this match on did an outstanding job, as always. Dinner was a great time with the Clemmons, Don & Dan, the Woollseys, Jerry H & his wife & Mike. It was a good weekend, all in all. Too bad you couldn't be there. Maybe next time! MLM