Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was digging through some images, actually looking to see if I had taken photos of my OEM mags after using them for a short while with the steel mag catch. What I found was an image that I hadn't noticed before. I was focused on the base plate and completely ignored the stamping. "Made by CMI" is something that isn't present in the stamping of the Considering they are cranking out mags at a much faster pace now than when they were producing the G1's one has to wonder. G1's. @CanyonMan ... What do you know?

Automotive exterior Bumper Wood Auto part Metal

In The Saddle
I was digging through some images, actually looking to see if I had taken photos of my OEM mags after using them for a short while with the steel mag catch. What I found was an image that I hadn't noticed before. I was focused on the base plate and completely ignored the stamping. "Made by CMI" is something that isn't present in the stamping of the Considering they are cranking out mags at a much faster pace now than when they were producing the G1's one has to wonder. G1's. @CanyonMan ... What do you know?

View attachment 979447

I've seen more than enough torn up OEM Glock mags from steel catches amigo... haha.
They MAY work a while, but again, "Why"?!!! (no need to answer that. ha)

I have a number of Gen 1 mags, so I am not interested in the Gen 2's "Except" for the T&E with some stuff they have me doing 'currently,' more later, and how much later, I don't know at this point. I have a good deal of irons in the fire, so testing is down on the list, as I shared with SA as well... They get stuff done as it gets done. It gets done right as well that way... ;)

Stay safe and well
ssaw

CM
馃惔

Reactions: papaac

In The Saddle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Shield mags have always been made by Checkmate.
I guess they just changed the stamping. Either way I like both the G1's and G2's. I think the G2's are a little more refined. I hope some day the orange follower will be available for the G2's.

Registered
I think the color change was to differentiate so people wouldn鈥檛 mix them up. When they first announced it was Checkmate there was a collective gasp because we were all remembering the Beretta mag snafu. Then when the first batch was nixed we let out another gasp.

i got my gen1 mags from their second batch and all work fine. My gen2 mags have the gen1 baseplates and have been working fine.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the color change was to differentiate so people wouldn鈥檛 mix them up. When they first announced it was Checkmate there was a collective gasp because we were all remembering the Beretta mag snafu. Then when the first batch was nixed we let out another gasp.

i got my gen1 mags from their second batch and all work fine. My gen2 mags have the gen1 baseplates and have been working fine.
I have no idea about Beretta mags. What went on with that?

I had to have gotten a 2nd batch of the G1's as I had the heavier springs. On the G2's I have one of each base plate. No big deal either way. Six of one....

Registered
It was so long ago. I don鈥檛 remember the details. Military ordered mags with a phosphate coating and they were jamming in sand environments so not really Checkmate鈥檚 fault. Just some penny pincher in gov鈥檛.

Registered
I have no idea about Beretta mags. What went on with that?

I had to have gotten a 2nd batch of the G1's as I had the heavier springs. On the G2's I have one of each base plate. No big deal either way. Six of one....
It was so long ago. I don鈥檛 remember the details. Military ordered mags with a phosphate coating and they were jamming in sand environments so not really Checkmate鈥檚 fault. Just some penny pincher in gov鈥檛.

Typical army stupidity had the spec coating trap sand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts