close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

S&W Sigma Series vs. Glock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by nyycanseco33, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 Da Fk'n Man

Does anybody prefer the sigma over the Glock? I heard that s&w was sued by Glock over patent laws due to similarities in the sigma design to the Glocks. I am just curious who prefers the sigma and why? Also what makes it popular cause i just don't see or get it but they seem to sell quick

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. jaklcrow

jaklcrow

The only people who prefer a Sigma over a Glock are the ones who only own a Sigma and feel the need to justify the questionable decision by standing loudly behind it.

Sigmas are one of my least favorite pistols, ever. They look and feel "cheap" and I have seen lots of issues with them. IMO they are a few notches above a Hi Point.

But I do tend to either love or hate something, so its possible I am being slightly dramatic.

I'm sure you can get some more insightful info from some actual owners.

3. glock30_27

glock30_27

They are ceaper than glock, a name brand, and i read that the sigma has one of the lowest return and service for a gun, i just read that in the in the gun diegest book of glock. But when i was looking for my first hand gun i kinda looked at these and read bad reviews so i went with the stoger cougar .40 but tradded it for a GLOCK...go figure right man i wish i would have bought a glock 27 for my first gun cause I love that gun so much i bought another.

4. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

M&P vs. Glock,...I might see a worthy argument. "Smegma", new or old, vs. Glock is a ridiculous joke. Period. :upeyes:

5. youngvr4

youngvr4

the S&W sigma has the worst trigger in the world of handguns! there is no comparison.
    i simply feel sorry for people who come to me range with sigma's

6. JimIsland

JimIsland

Had one and sold it. HORRIBLE trigger

7. jaklcrow

jaklcrow

haha exactly

8. conpro

conpro

I had a sigma, mine was very un-reliable and made cheap.

9. adamg01

adamg01

The Sigma is a great bang for the buck for someone who is in a spot for cash. You get a quality firearm from a quality manufacturer with better ergonomics than the Glock. I wouldn't take two Sigmas for either one of my Glocks but I understand that they feel a niche.

My 62 year old uncle decided he wanted a handgun and only wanted to put around $300 in it. That didn't leave me with too many suggestions. He is uncomfortable with carrying one in the chamber so I told him about the Sigmas heavier than usual trigger and how it would be safe with a good holster. He was also very familiar with the name and now he is a proud owner of a Sigma.

It isn't a Glock but it still feels a niche.

10. CharlestonG26

CharlestonG26

Although Sigmas have poor triggers...they are usually quite reliable. They can also be picked up for considerably less money than a Glock. They are also backed by S&Ws excellent customer service.

Having said that...I much prefer a Glock.

11. conpro

conpro

If you have a good quality gun you shouldnt need any customer service.

12. Six4Sure

Six4Sure

Smith has reworked there polymer pistols into 3 market segments. Budget, Home defense, and Police. Is the sigma as good as a glock, nope. But is it now a reliable, easy to use pistol with a lifetime warranty, yes.

Not everyone needs what a Glock or M&P offer. Considering the sheer amount of guns out sold, there are far more casual shooters than there are true enthusiasts. For some, a Sigma would be good enough. I wouldn't buy one personally, but if someone asked me for a gun in the price range, that would be headache free, I would mention it.

13. CharlestonG26

CharlestonG26

You have been either extremely lucky or haven't been around firearms very long.

14. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Sigma is the best polymer pistol that has ever blessed God's green earth.

15. MinnesnowtaWild

MinnesnowtaWild

It definitely feels a niche.

16. J_P

J_P

I would take the ergos of my Glock 19 Gen 4 over the Sigma any day of the century! I have shot a Sigma 9mm and the heavy trigger plus the grip just didnt feel right in my hands, I guess I have just been spoiled by the glock.

17. I'M Glockamolie

I'M Glockamolie

You shouldn't, but I believe every gun manufacturer out there has a customer service department. Some of them won't answer the phone or fix your problem, but they have one at least on paper.

18. JTSmith

JTSmith Œgfdrïńëçł

From what I have personally seen, the Sigma definitely fillls a niche. It's the pistol that causes you to go out and buy a revolver and forever bad mouth auto loading pistols.

19. b1met

b1met

I had a Sigma 9mm. I could not stand the trigger. Sold it for what I paid for it and bought my first Glock :). I've been hooked ever since. The only problem that i see with a Glock is the they reproduce WAY TO FAST !!

20. bigghoss

bigghoss

I have 3 friends with sigmas. none have had reliability problems but one says his trigger is terrible but he got it for a steal and can't afford to upgrade. I shot one and didn't hate it. it's been 6 or 7 years but I don't remember the triggger sucking.

on my 21st birthday my friend Evan and I went and bought handguns. he got the sigma that I had the chance to shoot and I got a ruger P95dc. I don't regret my decision but I don't believe that I would have regretted buying the sigma if I had gone that way.

even if it was well established that the sigmas was as reliable as a glock I'd still take the glock for the aftermarket support, magazine availability and price, and having a real rail rather than whatever it is that smith molds into the sigma.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.