Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep nothing quite like a j frame..I carry a 340PD daily and for me there's nothing else like it in the pocket.
The last one I had was a external hammer gun. I carried it for 5 years. It was beat up too. It was a easy shooter and I still can't understand folks complaining about recoil.

I gave it to my ex-wife. She loved it too and still has it today.

·
Registered
33,221 Posts
It was a easy shooter and I still can't understand folks complaining about recoil.
I have the 15oz 637 and 642. With 148 grain wadcutters they aren't bad, but with any other factory round I use the recoil is more than when shooting 17-18oz Kahr PM9 and Glock 43 in 9mm with standard FMJ ammo.

I suspect that explains it.

With a few shots, no big deal. But if going through a box of 50, the difference in felt recoil could make some people prefer some other gun.

·
M62/76
13,151 Posts
I have one of those PC 442s and I ccw it in the summertime. I like it but honestly I don’t feel like mine has any better trigger pull than my other J-frame Airweights.

Reactions: F14A

·
Nerd
2,192 Posts
I have VZ’s on a square butt K frame and love them. I don’t think the round butt version would feel as awesome, to me, just looking at pix. I do like Hogue checkered rosewood bantam grips on a Centennial (I’ve got three!)

·
Combat Diver
3,618 Posts
Tread carefully with the VZ's on a magnum revolver. I put them on my Trail Boss in .44 mag and it was like someone yanking a cheese grater out of my hand. I put the Hogue's back on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.