Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<hr style="color: rgb(233, 224, 206); background-color: rgb(233, 224, 206);" size="1"> Hi,

Have an opportunity to purchase this NIB 3" .44 mag for $900 shipped. Is this a good value? Anyone have any experience with this wheel gun? I've included a couple of pics.
Thanks

·
Tank44
593 Posts
I got a barely used 629-1 with a 4" barrel for $600. I'm not sure I would want a 3" barrel with the kick the 629 has. Its a blast to shoot but would be a bit much for me as a 3". Mine came with an extra set of Hogue grips and they make all the difference in the world.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, that 3" is now discontinued.

·
Registered
542 Posts
That looks like one smith and wesson made up for lew horton they make special runs of guns for them in runs of like 300.

·
Frisky!
35,968 Posts
May be ported also.
:wavey:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Here are a couple more pics. I'm waiting for future details from the seller.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
I wouldn't buy a S&W with a frame lock...especially a .44 magnum.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But we have heard of documented failures in non-self defense situations. So what is your point?:dunno:
What publications? How experienced was the user? Overall condition of the firearm? Ammo used? etc.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Owner says gun is ported. It was manufactured in 2006. Not sure it was a lew horton edition. Will sell for $850 shipped his BO. I am still torn. :tempted:

·
Badass Member
6,777 Posts
BEAUTIFUL PISTOL!!!

Oh wait NVM it has a lock, disregard the above statement.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Not reading of any issues with N frame steel SW and the internal locking mechanism. I have read of a few issues with the scandium lightweights and "heavy" rounds though.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Most of us don't dislike the lock because it could fail. We dislike it because it is an eyesore that is a constant reminder of the downward spiral this country is on.

That being said I don't let the lock keep me from buying a gun I like. If there is a no-lock available I will get it every time but some were never offered without the lock. They are easy enough to disable.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I guess it depends on what you want the gun for. A 3" .44 magnum will throw out a bunch of blast and flash. A ported 3" .44 mag will be even louder. If you like the gun, "just because", and the $900 is burning a hole in your pocket, I don't see anything wrong with treating yourself to a nice new gun. We all have done it.:wavey:

·
Stop the steal!
18,008 Posts
I bought this 629-2 last year for $605. exc condition, slightly used, no lock. Came with factory wood grips, but I prefer the Pachmayr Gripper for shooting this........

hog

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Now there's the one to wait for! Has sights and no lock. Regards,

Nail
Yes, but it's not a Performance Center model. I love the PC triggers and overall build quality. The older PC models also added on a $300 premium.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts