close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

s&w m&p 15-22?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by cloudyknight, Jan 28, 2010.

1. cloudyknight

cloudyknight

Any one here have any experiances with these 22's just how good are thay?

2. Nestor

Nestor Lean & Mean

3. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I bought one in Oct 09.
    It's got something over 2,000 rounds through it. Almost all of that was Wal Mart bulk pack. It likes the Federal best.
    At first I had some malfunction problems. I figured it was the ejector being too far left and down. Bent it a little up and right and it's working fine now.

I do have a recurring problem and can't figure it out. Once in a while, with different magazines, I get this problem. I haven't shot "good" ammo enough to see if it's just a cheap ammo problem or not.
    [​IMG]

Friends have shot the gun more than I have.:supergrin:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It just so happened that right after I bought the gun a lady and 16 year old girl wanted me to teach them to shoot the AR.
    Since the M&P controls are exactly like the AR and the gun feels like shooting the AR, I had the ladies shoot a bunch of magazines through the M&P. When they put down the M&P they were immediately at home with the AR.
    Before the end of December the M&P had paid for itself in .223 ammo savings.

Bottom line.
    I like the gun and would buy it again. I was shooting it yesterday and would be shooting it today, but it's raining.

The SIG 552 is also a excellent 22 rifle but doesn't have iron sights or the extra rails to hang junk on.
    [​IMG]

4. ManNamedJed

ManNamedJed

I love mine. I have had a few of the jams like M2 posted. They only seem to happen when my wife loads the mag though . . .

5. HomeLandPatriot

HomeLandPatriot

I have come to understand that the mag related problems like pictured above come soley from people rushing loading the mag. If done one round at a time like the manual instructs, I never have problems. If you pull down the load assist and dump 6 rounds in, it will jam, regardless of whether they seem t be aligned correctly

6. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I load one round at a time but I'm going to pay attention to that.
    I sure don't have any other ideas.

7. Faulkner

Faulkner Patriot Millennium Member

Not a single problem with mine with 1,000 rounds through it. I've been using standard CCI and Remington high velocity rounds. Plenty accurate and very fun to shoot. I added a M3 tactical light, a 5mW green laser, and UTG rail covers.

[​IMG]

8. TrooperBrian

TrooperBrian

I ALMOST picked one up earlier today, they're only $399! But I would rather spend $150 on an AR conversion, and put the rest towards my suppressor fund.

9. DriBak

DriBak GUNS UP Millennium Member

I would own one if the barrel was threaded 1/2X28:steamed:

10. brian109

brian109

Bought one last week has the threaded barrel shot 400 hundred rounds of CCI MiniMags no malfunctions love this gun

11. Gdirty5

Gdirty5

I had an AR conversion, but an AR barrel doesn't have the right twist for a 22lr. it'll work, but instead I went with a dedicated spikes tactical 22lr upper. Also .22lr's are REAL DIRTY. So it can clog up your gas tube if you go a long time w/o shooting a .223 to clean out the gas tube.

12. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I also had the conversion years ago. I stopped using it because it was just too much trouble.

13. Ferdinandd

Ferdinandd

Saw one at the range and it seemed to be working flawlessly, as was the Sig 552 alongside it.

My 11 and 13 yo sons are highly intrigued with these guns. The 10-22 folding stock build might not hold their attention now.

14. cloudyknight

cloudyknight

i think this is the 22 for me thanks guys for the feedback of course i will never give up my 10/22:supergrin:

15. Paulie Puncher

Paulie Puncher

i love mine. ive put around 500 rounds of all kinds through it and it only jams, as stated above, whe. n my wife tries to overfill the mag. I picked up a CMMG kit from cdnn last week and my wife and I had a blast shootin clays, cans and what not. I just picked up a sig-522 today but I wont get a chance to shoot it until Sunday evening. It seems to accept the blackdog mags that came with the cmmg kit. Ill know if they are gonna work tommorow. Im on abit of a 22 kick right now.

16. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator