S.W.A.T. Magazine TV: Episode 2; James Yeager, MSRON2 & More!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by TFL_Rob, Jan 1, 2010.

1. TFL_Rob

TFL_Rob

My featured Guest Instructor this week will be James Yeager of Tactical Response. James will be taking professional security team students through the process of evacuating a disabled vehicle while under attack and moving to a more secure location. Of course, we will have a profile piece on James as well.

We will visit the Cheatham Annex of the Yorktown Naval Weapons Station to learn about the mission and capabilities of the Maritime Expeditionary Security Squadron.

Brent Wheat will be back with another Street Smarts segment and we'll have our first "Question of the Week" where many of season 1's guest Instructors will comment on the importance of Round Count during training.

I look forward to everyone's feedback.

-RJP

S.W.A.T. Magazine TV airs on Outdoor Channel, every Wednesday.

2. hoosier#17

hoosier#17

I saw this weeks I assume? Which was cool because the K9 portion was in my neck of the woods. Good, informative shows (I.E. Best Def. and the others on OC) Keep up the good work and tell that Janich fella to smile once in a while.

3. TFL_Rob

TFL_Rob

Are you kidding? Part of the deal is that Janich makes me look laid back & easy going! :)

Seriously, thanks for watching and for your feedback!

-RJP

4. bassin98

bassin98

Great show. Keep it up.

5. byf43

byf43 NRA Patron Life Member

GREAT show, on Wednesday!!!!!!

The 'curved' targets are a great idea, and the 3-D targets (hostage/threat) and reaction(s) were phenomenal!!! Again. . . GREAT show!

I was kinda taken aback, when it first came on. (Schedule 'change'.)

However. . . I'll still be glued to Outdoor Channel on Wednesday evenings. Remotes hidden from the wife!:supergrin:

6. mixflip

mixflip

Cool, I cant seem to find enough gun shows on TV. Most of them are hunting shows. So far all I can find is lock & load, Special Ops Mission, weaponology, Top ten, and that NRA show about self defense? I forgot what its called???

I was planning on buying one of James Yeager's fighting handgun tactics dvd's. I really like his approach and philosophy.

7. TFL_Rob

TFL_Rob

THanks Guys!

Mix,

2 shows you didn't mention that you might want to check out are "The Best Defense" (mine) and Personal Defense TV (Ayoob, Smith, et al).

8. mixflip

mixflip

cool, I will check them out on the outdoor channel.

9. Rooster Rugburn

Rooster Rugburn Got Pignose?

PDTV moved from the Outdoor channel in my area. It's on what is called Sports South, or something like that. The reason I read was the producer owned that channel.

10. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

By "evacuating from a disabled vehicle, and moving to a secure location" do you mean you're going to show the video of Yeager's cowardly running away when he forgot the parking break was set?

11. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

:whistling:

12. Fed Five Oh

Fed Five Oh NRA Member

I enjoyed your first show.

13. Ranger357

Ranger357 Just pixels

I'm not qualified to judge that mess, but yeah read a lot about it and to be honest never saw the show and assumed this was a joke thread from reading the first post :shocked:

It is quite the controversy in our little world. Maybe James can at least clarify his side of the story on the show.

14. vafish

vafish

I thought the post was a joke when I first read it.

15. Aurora

Aurora

There are some mean spirited comments in this thread so far,.... but the reasoning behind them is relevant, nonetheless.

Who ARE these people offering training,.... and what is their operational background (what have they done as opposed to where they've been)?

There's always a backlash when these types of questions are asked. However, they are legitimate if you're going to risk your life on what the fellow has to say.

V.

16. carbofan21

carbofan21

any show that features james yeager won't have me as a viewer

17. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Great question,.....beat me to it.
    <--- Not a fan of Yeager's cowardly ways.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  18. Faulkner

Faulkner Patriot Millennium Member

Wasn't Yeager a pretty active member of GT a few years back? Seems he ran a training facility in Tennessee and is/was a police chief . . . I always thought he was a pretty good guy.

19. MdB

MdB

Rob- my son and I are hooked on TBD. Keep it up!

20. threefeathers

threefeathers Scouts Out

I've had to opportunity to meet James and share much training information with him. I was with Marty Hays who is one of my instructors at the Firearms Academy of Seattle and we were on a legal matter. I was very impressed with the down to earth candor of Mr. Yeager and his solid knowledge of using a handgun. We talked legalities, compared some of my military experiences with his police work, and I left satisfied that he is a true professional. I only left because I was assisting the Tucson branch of the FBI with a matter and it wouldn't wait.
    I watch Rob's show, agree with most, disagree with some, but I enjoy the thoroughness of his presentations.
    James Yeager will present something that all of us can put in our quiver to use when needed.