close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

S&W 686+, 3", 7 rounds Holsters?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Small Tony, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Small Tony

Small Tony

Sorry for yet another holster thread. Having trouble finding good holster for the 686+,3", 7 rounds.

Looking for a holster with just a clip on it and an IWB holster. Any recommendations? Thanks

2. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Buy one for a normal 3" 686.

3. Golddog

Golddog

The best IWB for the 686 3" is the Tucker Texas Heritage. Pricey but comfortable.

The 686 is fairly wide through the cylinder, and a simple clip-type OWB will make it even fatter if the clip is right behind the cylinder.

4. remat

remat

Takes standard 3" L-frame. Done Hume makes some nice stuff for a 3" that is good quality/priced.

5. Small Tony

Small Tony

True..I never thought about a clip making it fatter since it is behind the cylinder...

So a holster that fits the 5 round 686 will work on the 7 round 686?

6. jdeere_man

jdeere_man CLM

A regular 586 is a 6 round gun, and the 7 round gun has the same cylinder with more holes closer together.

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend using a holster with the single clip (which is always right beside the gun). It just makes it that much thicker. I'd highly recommend a 2 point clip system, in front and behind the gun. I have a Tucker for autos, and they are quality pieces that make iwb a breeze.

7. carbofan21

carbofan21

if you're considering an OWB holster, check out the milt sparks pmk. mine took 7 months to get here. i ordered it to wear on hikes, camping, etc.. at 4 o'clock, it's so comfortable i almost forget it's there, and it only requires an untucked shirt to cover it. i'm going to start carrying this baby in town during colder months