Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

When you need a lightweight carry revolver, you turn to Smith & Wesson's Small Frame Airweight Series. They are the original aluminum, small frame revolvers chambered in .38 S&W Special +P. These brand new 642 models come without the internal lock and feature a fully enclosed hammer. $459.95 *These are in stock for immediate shipping*

Shipping is $18.00 to your FFL. Fax FFL's to (440)729-0880

>>>CLICK HERE TO ORDER<<<

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
back to the top

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, they did. We have more arriving Monday.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
Wow

That's too bad.

Exactly what I was looking for.

·
A town down
74 Posts
Yes, they did. We have more arriving Monday.
I'm in. Do I need to purchase the firearm first and THEN go have my FFL send you their info, or should I do it at the same time? Sorry about the newb question....I've never purchased a firearm from an online vendor.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
184 Posts
This is reportedly a purge of old stock parts being assembled into one of Smith's all time nicest/most functional carry revolvers...AND it should send a message to the corporate powers-that-be that the handgun purchasing public is going to buy up no-lock Smith revolvers, when offered (IE. Model 40s), like hotcakes!

:milestone:

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't think S&W is returning to the no lock era, but time will tell. These are a special run and are brand new 642-1 +P revolvers. Hopefully we will see other special runs without the lock.

·
Nice guy
1,460 Posts
A lock inside the gun. Annoys some ppl bc it's seen as appeasing the gun grabbers. Annoys others bc it's one more thing to break when SHTF. I've heard on the larger framed guns it effected the trigger pull.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
It ruins the look of the pistol too.
Also been reported by some to engage due to heavy loads or table falls.

Internet lore no doubt exaggerated everything, but the story persists.

·
Machetes & Guns
1,669 Posts
Also been reported by some to engage due to heavy loads or table falls.

Internet lore no doubt exaggerated everything, but the story persists.
If you head to the S&W forums there are a few long time posters with self activating IL wheelguns.

It may be a small sample of the general S&W IL population, but you know, to a gun crank, that's like saying to a parent 'this device here, we've added it to your child safety seat, no it's not necessary for it's operation, it will only rarely make it fail'.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts