S&W 325 Night Guard .45 ACP Revolver

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Airborne Infantryman, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman Nuclear Trunk Monkey

I might be able to swing a deal today to get a pre-owned, but never fired S&W 325 Night Guard. Looks brand new. Its a .45 ACP six shooter, and uses moon-clips. My question is, would I be able to shoot .45 GAP from it?

Seems like I would be able to, since you can shoot .40 out of the 10mm version of this gun......I ask this because I love modularity; the idea of being able to shoot two calibers from one gun without changing anything is very, very appealing to me, such as shooting .38 SPL from my .357 Mag SP101.

Another question, if I were to buy this pre-owned S&W 325, would the warranty still cover the weapon even though I'm not the original owner?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  2. shauna9

shauna9

I have one and shoot 45 gap through mine, not always but enough to say it works. Be sure to run a brush through your chambers after shooting the gap rounds as you may see build up making chamber the longer acp rounds difficcult. get the gun they are nice....John

3. Airborne Infantryman

The one that he had was actually scratched up on the other side, and had wear marks on it. For the price, I just paid $100 more to get a factory fresh one.

Just placed an order with my dealer for a new S&W 325 Night Guard, about 30 minutes ago. It should be here Wednesday, the 20th. I'm VERY, VERY, VERY excited! :supergrin::faint: Thanks for the info. I like having modularity with my weapons. Do you know where I can get spare moon clips, and how many it comes with?

4. J.R. Bob Dobbs

J.R. Bob Dobbs Nerd

Seems like a very cool revolver.

Looks like you're on a buying frenzy! Been there myself more than a few times, I've unexpectedly had the "bought more than one gun at once" BATF form filled out on me.

5. Airborne Infantryman

Indeed. Tax returns rock! :supergrin: Sadly, I'm done with guns (for a while.....) once I get a 9mm Compact or Subcompact- Looking into a Sig Sauer P239 in 9mm. After that I'm DONE, and am gonna focus on just getting ammo here and there, and saving some money.

6. raven11

raven11

thats what i thought too ...then this happened

[​IMG]

hope the ATF doesn't give your 1stSgt a call :whistling:

7. Airborne Infantryman

Damn. I don't say this much, but that is a sexy gun. :faint:

What is it? ARGH! I gotta get off GlockTalk! I'm gonna keep seeing more guns I want.........:crying::faint:

8. raven11

raven11

i'll not post pictures of my FN FS2000 ;) , i've had a couple of people wanting to trade their first born sons for it already

the life of a single SSGT :tongueout:

9. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Brownells sells tons of moonies. Do yourself a favor and get a pack of plastic moonies made by RIMZ. Brownells also sells it. For range work, it's hard to beat. You can pluck the empty cases out of those plastic moonies with your fingers instead of having to pry it out with a plier, a screwdriver, or devise some sort of lver to pop the empty cases out of the steel moonies.

Steel moonies are great for self-defense and competition because they don't flex, but plastic moonies are great for general plinking.

10. ronin.45

ronin.45

If you want to use another caliber try .45 Auto Rim. It offers you more power with no need for moon clips. I think they really shine with moon clips though.

11. Magus

Magus Deo Vindice

The Night Guard series are some of the few S&W's I'd make an exception on with the internal lock. They're some pretty sweet revolvers.

I've got my eye on one in .44 mag if I can come up with the cash. I'd love to have one in any caliber for that matter. Very well made revolvers.

12. deadday

deadday

I believe that is a Benelli Nova...

13. raven11

raven11

good eye deadday, but i think if Airborne buys any more guns before his deployment his wife will get to shoot it before he does :whistling:

14. Airborne Infantryman

I'm a lucky man; my wife encourages more lead-throwers in the house. :supergrin: I'm pretty much done with firearms for the time being, after I get a subcompact 9mm, or one of those Diamondback .380s; still deciding. Funny thing is, my wife never gets TOO lonely over the deployments, due to her job as an RN, but when she has off time, she goes to the range and shoots. I came back last deployment to my gun safe being a wreck. Looked like a rabid weasel got in there and went gun crazy.:faint:

Good news is, I found out I'm not deploying til early summer. More shooting fun to come til then, then its over to the two-way range. :crying:

Not my pic, but a little bit of pr0n to tie me over til Wednesday; funny thing is, that day was looking to be crappy, as I'm getting my Wisdom Teeth out that day, but now I'm excited. LOL!

[​IMG]

15. raven11

raven11

glad too hear that, you got a keeper for sure!

when you decide to get a shotgun you know who to write to ..

when i get married i have a feeling i'm going to be wearing one of these when i tell her i got a new gun :whistling:
    [​IMG]

16. Airborne Infantryman

:rofl::rofl:

Thats funny right there. :supergrin:

17. deadday

deadday

Oh I could take that and run soooooo FAR with it....:rofl:

18. Airborne Infantryman

HAHAHA! I get it enough from the guys in my squad. :rofl::tongueout:

19. raven11

raven11

Army guys :upeyes:

:rofl::rofl::wavey:

20. captbahbah

captbahbah

Hello to all. Has anyone fired the .45ACP Night Guard? How's the recoil? I carry the G30 EDC but really miss my S&W Bodyguard and Colt D/S.