Deleted.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

· Registered
4,585 Posts
Congratulations. That's a beauty.

I had to pass on a pristine (I believe unfired) blue, 4", 29-3 myself a few weeks ago. Man that gun was pretty, but I had just bought a 28-1, so my gun budget was already overdrawn.

Someone else got it a few days later.

· NRA Life Member
75,684 Posts
I friend told me of an obscure gun shop where he uses their indoor range. He said the shop was rough, disorganized and owners had crusty attitudes. I found my friend's description was overly generous; the place was a dump and if it weren't for luck I would have missed seeing the knocked over sign identifying the nondescript unpainted warehouse. It appeared the old owner had given-up keeping any type of organization and tired of berating his boy to straighten up the place. It felt like sifting through the home of a paranoid hoarder.
Sounds great. That's the only kind of gun shop (or guitar shop) that interests me - the bright clean places full of new gun? I won't even walk through the door.

I've been wanting a N frame Model 29 with a six inch barrel and every one I've seen was way over priced. Even though this 1984 '-3' isn't a P&R version, it does have target trigger, hammer, grips, adjustable sight and obviously nickle finished. Sometimes it's a complete surprise where you find stuff.
Nice gun. I have an 8 3/8" 29 like that.

· Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds great. That's the only kind of gun shop (or guitar shop) that interests me - the bright clean places full of new gun? I won't even walk through the door.

Nice gun. I have an 8 3/8" 29 like that.
A business must have redeeming qualities to ignore the dank appearance gruff customer service. If the old-timers possess expert knowledge or a dying gunsmith art to made the shop unique, then I could see this place as a jewel hidden under the clutter. For me, I bought a nice gun at a good price so I'll go back and root around.

· Registered
4,612 Posts
Very Nice! My 29-2 4" is my favorite gun.

How much did you pay for that beauty?

· Registered
318 Posts
Very Nice! My 29-2 4" is my favorite gun.

How much did you pay for that beauty?
I'm not much of a revolver guy having only 2, but that thing just screams beautiful! Congratulations on the find.

· JAFO
15,120 Posts
Nice find, a 29-2 been on my list for a long time.

· Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That looks awesome, Willie. Congrats!

While I always prefer P&R, I own several S&W revolvers that aren't and they shoot just as well.
Thanks, I'm still on the hunt for a earlier M29. I'm weak when these old revolvers in very-good condition pop up below (Gun Broker) market prices.

· DEPLORABLE ME!
12,204 Posts
I think I'm going to have to look in crusty old gun shops too. That was a nice find!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.