GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
US Army Vet.
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked one of these up. Accurate as hell. I did have several double stacks. What's the break in period on this little gun? Anyone have any experience with this?

Reactions: Bill Keith

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I own this and have about 2k rounds through it. Like you say, very accurate. Good trainer gun for new shooters also.

I don't know that it has a break-in period. It's not a tight 1911. Simple blowback operation. Lube it and shoot it I'd say.

Reactions: Bill Keith and B C

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
I’ve got one. The ejector needed a slight tweak and now it runs great. Keep it slightly “wet” and all will be fine

Reactions: B C

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ditto on the ejector tweak. I have about 600 rounds through it so far and it shoots well.

·
Registered
873 Posts
1F60476B-1B93-46BB-8790-CAB922ED761A.jpeg
I won my Victory, at a PPC match. Mine has been very accurate and reliable. No issues with extractor or the take down screw loosening up. Since I had so little invested in it...like $0, I decided to gussy it up a bit. I put on the TK trigger, bolt “pull” and comp. A few months back, Tactical Solutions had their barrel on clearance for $140 shipped. Couldn’t resist. I’ve got about $230 into mine. It shoots great, just behind my 41.
As an unexpected bonus, my wife absolutely loves shooting this gun. Instead of me asking if she wants to go to the range, she asks me when we’re going! Here’s a picture of it and my 422...

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
Congrats on picking one up. I always speak highly of it because so many don't consider it over a Mark 4 or Buckmark. Maybe they forget it exist. However, it's the best of the 3 right of the box and stupid accurate. Mine didn't need a break in period. S&W just delivered a guide rod spring for mine today, free of course.

8788.jpg

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I am currently debating the Ruger victory or buckmark for the supressor I have waiting for stamp approval
Seems the victory gets pretty universal good reviews, and is a good bit cheaper than the other 2.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
I was looking at getting a Ruger and stumbled on the Victory. After doing a little research I bought the Victory and very glad I did, I like everything about it including the price.

·
Registered
11,992 Posts
View attachment 859798 It shoots great, just behind my 41.
As an unexpected bonus, my wife absolutely loves shooting this gun. Instead of me asking if she wants to go to the range, she asks me when we’re going! Here’s a picture of it and my 422...
Glad you like the Victory, your upgrades are classy and the 41 is from what I've understood, the Rolls Royce of US factory .22 semis.

Fortunate too, is your wife's enthusiasm. Don

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I forget I did have the takedown screw come loose easily. I had an early one. I think SW now puts a dab of whatever on it to hold it. I used a rubber o ring

Reactions: ItsAllGlockToMe

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
The last thing I need is another 22lr. Well, the LAST thing I need is another wife, but another 22lr is a close second.

Still, I have been eyeing the Victory for a while and will probably add one when a good deal wanders by. Everyone that buys them seems happy with them.
It's a really great platform that comes standard with fiber optic sights and right of the box the trigger is very nice. #1 complaint with the Ruger Mark series are the crappy triggers. You can get a that solved, but that's more $$$.

·
Registered
470 Posts
It's a really great platform that comes standard with fiber optic sights and right of the box the trigger is very nice. #1 complaint with the Ruger Mark series are the crappy triggers. You can get a that solves, but that's more $$$.
Yup. Even after installing an accurizing trigger kit from Volquartsen I still prefer the Victory trigger.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
I have one. It’s shoots so well that it makes me feel like a better shooter than I am. I had a Vortex Venom on it, but took it off because it’s almost too easy to shoot with the RDS and the factory FO sights are very good.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've only had my Victory for about 6 weeks. It just would not eject but perhaps 1 out of 10 times. Yep, it was that ejector problem alright. I had to slightly bend it out so it is now in the slot it should be in. I've only had a chance to sneak 10 rounds through it since tweaked. Did a pretty quick firing and all worked well. Hope to get it back to the range next week.

·
Registered
414 Posts
View attachment 859798 I won my Victory, at a PPC match. Mine has been very accurate and reliable. No issues with extractor or the take down screw loosening up. Since I had so little invested in it...like $0, I decided to gussy it up a bit. I put on the TK trigger, bolt “pull” and comp. A few months back, Tactical Solutions had their barrel on clearance for $140 shipped. Couldn’t resist. I’ve got about $230 into mine. It shoots great, just behind my 41.
Thanks for sharing that info! Has the TS barrel improved any accuracy?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Thanks for sharing that info! Has the TS barrel improved any accuracy?
You know, the Victory is pretty accurate to begin with. And, with my having good days and bad days shooting, I can’t say for sure. I’ve shot the factory barrel really well some days. Same for the Tac Sol barrel on other days. Really, I wanted the aftermarket barrel for the threaded end. It could have been any of the major barrel makers. But the Tac Sol barrel was normally around $400...I think. For a great price, I was able to achieve my goal. I never heard anything negative about their barrel before buying. However afterwards, I read about some misfeeds with their barrel, in some Victories. I did experience some myself. But after a few hundred rd, I guess it broke in. Either way, it started feeding and firing nearly 100%. I’m happy with the way it all turned out.
A surprise is, not only does this pistol shoot std vel ammo really well, this particular one reliably fires mag after mag of subsonic ammo. S&B is the stuff. Just called subsonic, in a gold-ish, brown box.
It is waxy, just a bit. Not enough to cause problems over 100 rd fired. But, that was when the temperature was around 55 deg. The next day, I was shooting that same ammo at a steel plate shoot. It was 42 deg. The wax on the bullets must have deposited a little on the inside of the magazines. As it hardened up, the follower spring didn’t have enough umph to overcome the resistance of the wax buildup. I changed ammo, but the damage was done. The mags were too gummed up to feed anything. Luckily, it was near the end of the shoot, by the time the mags got too cold. Putting them in a chest pocket got me thru the rest of the match with a few hang ups. I flushed the mags with gun scrubber and followed up with a soaking of Ballistol. All is good now. I even tried that same S&B ammo again on a warmer day. It fired perfectly. Then I cleaned the mags again. Probably won’t use that ammo in the Victory again. A bolt gun? Yep! But nice to know it will run low(er) pressure ammo.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts