S&W 1911 Pro Series 9mm?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by GearGuru, Mar 8, 2010.

1. GearGuru

GearGuru

Okay, first I wanted a Springer loaded or Colt Combat Elite but the STI Trojan kept calling me in 9mm, now I just manfondled the S&W 1911Pro in 9mm and it was sweeeeet. Between the STI Trojan and this, I'm confusilated, I love my S&W 1911PD Commander and really have no issue with the ext. extractor as my PD has been a rock since day one. Never had a STI but most every other mass produced 1911 I have had one model or another at some time.

Anybody have any experience with the pro series or even better this particular one. Uncle Sammy gave me some $$$ back so I have to strike now before the better half knows how much :supergrin:

2. TonyT

TonyT

I have both a SA Target and Dan Wesson Pointman in 9mm and an STI Trojan in 40 S&W. The Dan Wesson is more accurate than the SA Target and similar to the STI Trojan. The STI Trojan has an undercut frame and the cuts on the front strap which provide a frim gripping surface without pinching. The newer Dan Wesson Pointmans have a chekered frontstrap and are excellent guns. I have not seen the new S&W 9mm Pro series 1911's. I hope this does not add to your confusion.

3. bac1023

bac1023

The Pro series is between the Performance Center and the standard SW1911.

I'd rather have an STI Trojan.

4. cysoto

cysoto Gone Shooting!

Given the choice, I would much rather own the STI Trojan or maybe even the USPSA.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010