Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here goes. Like has happened many times before, I’ve found a gun that I really just HAVE to have. We all know the feeling. But I figured I’d ask the GT trust first.

LGS has a S&W 1066. Always wanted a 10 Smith, and I already have a Glock chambered for it. 10mm is just awesome and the S&W third gens are even cooler. The gun definitely wasn’t a safe queen. It has some wear. It’s been shot a fair amount and it has that trigger “click” that the third gens tend to get over time (broken trigger play spring I think?). I’d say about 85 percent condition. A new set of factory grips and a good clean up would make it look nice.

Anyway, it’s just the gun and two mags. No box, papers or anything else. Magazines have the white follower. Now make sure you’re sitting down for this part. The price is $930+tax. It seems high but then again Smith and Wesson only made around 5,000 of them total-25 years ago. And it’s not like they are ever going to make any more.

Would I be crazy to buy it or NOT to buy it?

·
DEPLORABLE ME!
12,044 Posts
Hell yes. 3rd Gen S&W 10mm's are going nowhere but up.

About 7 years ago, I was forced to part with my 1026, mags, box and all. I received $850 for it.

I'd love to find another 1026 for a good price today.

Reactions: Glockman4

·
Registered
196 Posts
It is a little high, but a rarer model. I have a 1006 that I picked up for about $200 less, but that was a year and half ago. I believe there will be a day in the not too distant future, if you don't get it, you will be talking about this 1066 to a friend and you will say “It was only $930, I don’t know what I was thinking”.

Reactions: Glockman4

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
FWIW, several years ago I owned a 1006. I can't vouch for the 1066 or any of the other S&W 10mms, but I just couldn't get used to the trigger pull on mine. It was a nice pistol and definitely built like a tank, but it just never felt right to me.

My LGS has a 4506 in the display case, and I've held it a couple times. Nice gun, but same goofy ( to me anyway ) trigger pull.

They're nice, but not for me.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE.

I put the gun on layaway. If I space out the spending it doesn’t seem like so much money for a clearly used gun...BUT there will probably come a day when it is a very rare pistol and therefore worth a significant amount more.

Not that I’ll ever sell it though.. :jumpingjacks:

·
Banned
4,850 Posts
I love my 1066, that click is sometimes as easy as bending the play spring out just a bit.
It's an easy fix, but VERY annoying!

·
Registered
622 Posts
UPDATE.

I put the gun on layaway. If I space out the spending it doesn’t seem like so much money for a clearly used gun...BUT there will probably come a day when it is a very rare pistol and therefore worth a significant amount more.

Not that I’ll ever sell it though.. :jumpingjacks:
Congrats. I love those stainless S&Ws. They always made me feel like Sonny Crockett. Let us know how it shoots.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts