close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

S.S. GUIDE ROD or not? (GLOCK 30)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by JETHRO38, Mar 11, 2010.

1. JETHRO38

JETHRO38

Just wanting an opinion on weather I should get a S.S. guide rod for my G30?:whistling: I was gonna keep it all stock and just get the S.S. guide rod,extended slide release & lock, and extended mag release.
    But was thinking maybe changing perfection is what F%$#@ them up in the first place?:dunno:

THANKS!:supergrin:

2. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

This is the your right line of thinking.

3. rappa29

rappa29 JAFO

I'm a follower of the K.I.S.S method. I like all my guns stock. Especially if it's a carry gun.

Between the 2nd G19 I have and the G26 and G36 I had, the only mods I made were an OEM smooth trigger, the +0 mag base for my G36 and had to replace the mag springs in my G19 mags, which I suppose were overdue since I bought the pistol in 1992.

Many people have no problems with their tricked out guns. YMMV.

BTW -Have never had a problem with the plastic guide rod. My G19 still has the original guide rod and recoil spring (which I suppose might not hurt to replace after 18 years).

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  4. huntingbuddy

huntingbuddy

The slide stop and the mag release would be a non issue, but I would stay aways from the SS rod. The factory rods do fine and I personally have not had one fail. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, just shoot and enjoy.

5. dadeglocks

dadeglocks

:popcorn:im thinking about getting one for my g30sf

6. pens-66

pens-66

I have had 2 seperate G19 guide rods come apart both under 500 rounds. I now use the Lone Wolf stainless steel guide rod asy with stock weight spring.. I've never had an issue with stainless :dunno:

7. G20gunner

G20gunner

I got one to go along with a KKM barrel on my G20. The only reason I went with the SS guide rod was so I could get it with a 20# spring. I figure I'll change out the stock spring when shooting the heaviest loads, then put the stock one back for lighter lead loads. I don't see how any harm could come of it. But I'm also of the opinion that for personal protection, I'd stick with all original parts. My G20 will be set up mainly for target work.

G20gunner:wavey:

8. nick425

nick425

KISS (Keep It Stock Stupid)

9. mteagle1

mteagle1

The G30SF's have enough problems without adding more. Put 1000 rounds through it to make sure it works before screwing with it.

10. smousefam5

smousefam5

What are the supposed upsides of the SS guide rod and what would be the downside? Please be specific, not "It isn't original".