Glock Talk banner

S&b 357sig

23882 Views 78 Replies 45 Participants Last post by  Teddybear
Has anyone had problems with Sellier&Bellot ammo in 357 sig?. I took my new 32 to the range and averaged 1 mis-fire per 10 rounds. Had good hit on the primer, but no go.;P
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
When I bought my G31 new in 2002 I had 30 misfires out of 300 rounds with the S&B. I have had 0 misfires since with all sorts of Remington, Winchester, Hornady, and Double Tap

· Registered
1,021 Posts
Figured I would bump this up with an update. Since i have been a big fan of S&B 9mm I thought I would try their 357 Sig. I have put 200 rounds of it through my G33 without a single glitch and it's pretty damn snappy. I'll keep shooting it and post up after another 500 rounds or so.

· Registered
1,909 Posts
I shot S&B .357 today from my GL23 with LWD barrel, no issues. S&B may be using softer primers since this thread was
started in 2004.
Finally ran a box thru my G31....no issues! Maybe we should change the thread to Prvi Partizan. I ran a box of that thru my M&P and had seven failures to fire. I loaded those seven into my G31 and most went off on second stike...but not all....

· Registered
662 Posts
Finally ran a box thru my G31....no issues! Maybe we should change the thread to Prvi Partizan. I ran a box of that thru my M&P and had seven failures to fire. I loaded those seven into my G31 and most went off on second stike...but not all....
Old thread, I know...but I "(did) a search" and so here I am. My question is if anyone has any more recent experience with the Prvi Partizan? It seems to be available at a decent price (relatively speaking) everywhere with some bad reviews. Have they fixed the non-fire issue yet?

And while I'm at it, how about recent experience with the S&B, in case it becomes more widely available again?

· Registered
1,909 Posts

· Registered
662 Posts
Never heard of it! Glad I asked a question on this thread, otherwise I might have never heard of it. Thanks for the heads up.

Btw, what is their story? I tried to find out more about their company and products from the site, but there was nothing I could find...

· Registered
340 Posts
FWIW While I know that this is an older thread I thought it might be helpful to leave a little data here for others (sample size of "one," YMMV of course).

Zero issues with the following ammo through my 4th gen G33:

S&B 140gr FMJ (directly related to this thread topic)
American Eagle 125gr FMJ
Winchester (WWB) 125gr FMJ
Federal Premium 125gr HST
Sig Sauer V-Crown 125gr JHP

Problematic load:

Georgia Arms 125gr FMJ "factory reloaded" lot# 02261437 in a 500 rd ammo can
(good for practicing your "tap, rack, bang" drills - once or twice PER magazine IIRC)

Reactions: Poohgyrr

· Registered
1,909 Posts
FWIW While I know that this is an older thread I thought it might be helpful to leave a little data here for others (sample size of "one," YMMV of course).

Zero issues with the following ammo through my 4th gen G33:

S&B 140gr FMJ (directly related to this thread topic)
American Eagle 125gr FMJ
Winchester (WWB) 125gr FMJ
Federal Premium 125gr HST
Sig Sauer V-Crown 125gr JHP

Problematic load:

Georgia Arms 125gr FMJ "factory reloaded" lot# 02261437 in a 500 rd ammo can
(good for practicing your "tap, rack, bang" drills - once or twice PER magazine IIRC)

Good info...thanks!

· Making lunch
1,004 Posts
Anyone have anything new, or any updates? I keep thinking of buying a case for range..

· Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Anyone have anything new, or any updates? I keep thinking of buying a case for range..
I know this is old, but I heard nothing from S&B. I did however install an extra power striker spring in my G32, and solved the problem. Haven't bought S&B anything since.

Reactions: Poohgyrr
61 - 79 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.