Glock Talk banner

S&b 357sig

23882 Views 78 Replies 45 Participants Last post by  Teddybear
Has anyone had problems with Sellier&Bellot ammo in 357 sig?. I took my new 32 to the range and averaged 1 mis-fire per 10 rounds. Had good hit on the primer, but no go.;P
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
I think you hit the nail on the head Clem.

After reading and thinking about it for some time now, I really think the .357 SIG is about the best autoloading pistol cartridge in the world. It's got high velocity and penetration in a small package with relatively modest recoil.

· Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Tried the S&B thru my brothers S&W in 357Sig. Result 3 out of 6 DID NOT FIRE. I now have 975+ rounds of this junk;6

· Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Did just that today (29 nov 04) Will post as to what the say/do or don't say/do. By the way the lot number is 41-9
:steamed:

· US ARMY STRATCOM 1969 - 1971
25 Posts
Well, I went to the range Sunday (12/12) with my Mod. 31. I shot two boxes of S&B, one each of lot numbers 43-12 and 43-17. The pistol functioned with Glock Perfection. No problems whatsoever. My Mod. 31 has all factory stock parts.

· Registered
22 Posts
CZ model 100 with a Barsto .357 barrel installed: 0 shots from 20 rounds. Not one round lit, even after a second strike. (The CZ 100 has a DAO trigger with an internalstriker, allowing a second strike capability.) I added some preload to the striker spring (as much as possible) and it fired 1 round in 5. Stopped at this point as I didn't want to ruin anymore rounds in case someone else had a gun that could shoot it. I'll edit the post later when I get the ammo's lot number....

The gun does have trouble with other brands of .357 sig ammo, But nothing like this. With the .40 barrel in stalled, it runs everything I put in it.....and I've sampled just about every brand.

25 Posts
I'm beginning to wonder if the trouble is that S&B is made for tight chambers. In other words, since the round headspaces on the shoulder of the case, maybe unless the chamber is tight, the round is being forced too far forward so that the firing pin (or striker) is not being allow to punch deep enough. That coupled with hard primers might cause the problems noted.

My Mod. 31 seems to handle the S&B stuff pretty well (one (1) possible failure to fire in 700+ rounds). It was made in 1995 (it has a first generation type frame). The primers are probably a bit hard, but I'll bet it has more to do with chamber dimensions. Maybe Glock opened the chamber up a bit in its later .357 Sigs?

Now I'm not saying that Glock is making barrels that are out of spec. Rather, I'm saying it may be that Glock is making chambers on the loose end of spec while S&B is making its ammo on the tight end of spec. That may explain why the ammo works fine in some Glocks and not in others. Perhaps the Glocks in which the ammo works have chambers on the tight end of spec.

So, what do you think?

· Registered
29 Posts
for $2.50 you can get a Extra Power Firing Pin Springs. from Glockmeister that's what i'm getting orderd last week. will be in the 27 that. way i feel in my primary carry Weapon.357 sig it will give me a lesser chance of a miss fire.

· Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
27 Dec 04
No word from Sellier & Bellot. Going to send second e-mail:steamed: :steamed:

· Registered
51 Posts
Out of a box of 50 I had 7 misfires all but 2 of those needed 3 stikes to fire in my M357 , the oly thing on the box I can find t hat looks like a Lot Number is a 31*1 stamped in side of the end of one box .

25 Posts
Since Christmas '04, I have fired four more boxes of S&B .357 Sig. in my Glock 31...2 boxes of lot 29-9, one box of 43-17 and one box of 44-10. No problems at all. Every round fired first time, every time.

Although I've never really had a problem in over 700 rounds of S&B fired, I went ahead and changed the striker spring to a Glockmeister extra power right around Christmas. I pulled the bullets on a few rounds of S&B and popped the primers with the regular spring and the extra power. Upon examination with an eight power glass, I could see that although the regular spring made a good strike on the primers, the extra power obviously struck harder. So, I figured since I had a three pack of these I ordered from Glockmeister during summer last year, I would leave one in the Mod. 31.

I've also shot 3 boxes of Lawman ammo since Christmas...it's very good ammo, indeed.

· Registered
5 Posts
I have had primer problems with S&B 357. I was using my G24 with a 357 Bar Sto barrel this weekend. (I think there were several with my G33 also). I had numerous failure to fire primers. I would put them back in the gun and they would fire. Glad to hear this is a common problem. Thought my guns had a problem.
Konrado

25 Posts
Yeah, that's what I'm changing over to...Lawman ammo.

I still have around 10 boxes of S&B and I've never really had a problem with it, but I really like the Lawman ammo.

· Registered
5 Posts
I also used some PMC 357 sig. ammo and it worked fine.

Konrado

Glock 17
Glock 19
Glock 20
Glock 21c
Glock 22
Glock 23
Glock 24 long slide
Glock 26
Glock 27
Glock 29
Glock 30
Glock 31c
Glock 32
Glock 33
Glock 34
Glock 35
Glock 36
Glock 37
Looking for a Glock 17L

· Registered
76 Posts
I had 10 rounds fail out of a box of 50. I had purchased 2 boxes at the range, but I promptly returned the second box and exchanged it for Speers.

This is the only ammo my G31 has ever had an issue with. My only other failure to fire was a single WWB round.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.