Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Springfield TRP and plan to remove the ILS. I have read all the threads and watched the videos and even removed the MSH and ILS already as a dry run and to see how it functions and is removed. My plan is to keep the MSH and magwell that it came with and replace the internal parts with a MHS rebuild kit that I ordered from Brownells. It comes with the 4 parts and the spring is the standard 23#. My question is, for those that have chosen to do what I am doing and not replace the MSH, did you punch out or remove the turning lock or do anything to it? If not and if it were to turn into the lock position, does the spring catch on it?

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
I have normal guts in my UC ILS with no problems. I have not heard of the lock engaging itself. I could not punch the lock cylinder out.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Just change out the mainspring housing. Straight or curved your choice its easy. You just need a couple of punches. I had the early operater with the full rail and the adjustable rear sight. With night sights. I never used the lock. Just leave it off.

·
Premium Member
42,134 Posts
I have a Springfield TRP and plan to remove the ILS. I have read all the threads and watched the videos and even removed the MSH and ILS already as a dry run and to see how it functions and is removed. My plan is to keep the MSH and magwell that it came with and replace the internal parts with a MHS rebuild kit that I ordered from Brownells. It comes with the 4 parts and the spring is the standard 23#. My question is, for those that have chosen to do what I am doing and not replace the MSH, did you punch out or remove the turning lock or do anything to it? If not and if it were to turn into the lock position, does the spring catch on it?
Read this thread.....

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=334332

·
Registered
553 Posts
Why not just put a Wilson Combat one on there with the magwell and none of the ILS stuff? And yes I would put the 23# main spring on there like Colt uses rather than the 26# that Springfield uses.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Easy fix. Remove the ILS dedicated parts, and replace w/ 1911 standard parts from Wilson, or any good 1911 shop. Do not scrimp on the parts, make sure you buy quality parts. Takes about 10 minutes, maybe, it's easy to do.

Reactions: Johnnyvegas

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I have an Operator and a Professional... Brownells kit will work just fine, on disassembly, just put the lock in neutral and all the lawyer garbage pops-out when you remove it from the frame... Honestly, installation of the Smith & Alexander MSH with mag guide (like the Pro) is the better way to go and brings the TRP where it should be in production anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts