Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Mall Cop Expert
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never seen a Glock with this much rust. I though the tennifer finish took care of major rust problems? I love my Glocks, but I'll remember to oil them good if they are stored for any period of time.

Take Care and God Bless!

Attachments

·
pho_kit_all
895 Posts
Where was this stored? In a lake???

That's a LOT of moisture. If you're going to store a weapon for a long period of time, make sure you protect it from moisture damage such as rust.

·
Registered
488 Posts

·
mmm bop
823 Posts
As I recall when the pics first surfaced, it turned out it was actually the copper colored lube that had dried/oozed out a little. NOT rust.

·
Registered
151 Posts
As I recall when the pics first surfaced, it turned out it was actually the copper colored lube that had dried/oozed out a little. NOT rust.
That looks a lot like rust to me. I've had several new Glocks, and I don't ever remember them putting that much anti-seize compound on it that it would leak out like that.

Plus, in the first photo, it looks like the entire slide is oxidized.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Coincidentally, I looked at several new G30s at a gun show last Saturday and noted how much the Glock lube has come to resemble rust -- that is, until you easily wipe it away with your finger and realize it's just the copper-colored lube.

·
mmm bop
823 Posts
Well its in the old style cases, so its obviously an OLDER gun, which would make sense to the lube oozing out and drying after several years of storage.

·
mmm bop
823 Posts
somebody just needs to find the original thread where we all find out it is indeed the factory anti-seize copper compound.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.