Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, i do not own other blued guns so i need your help! i just bought an old remington wingmaster (1973).it is really good looking and, when i bought it, it looked almost like new. as i came back home i noticed some rusted spots and i removed the rust. i disassembled the gun and i noticed that there is an orange patina in the internals: is it rust? the most strange thing is that also on the finish, wich looks good, if i use cleaning patches, they will show orange/brown particles on them. if i watch the bluing with a particular light, i can see an orange (ish) reflex! is the whole gun covered with rust? i'll try to post some pictures. thank you!!

·
Banned
4,877 Posts
I am having trouble loading the pics. But if you have light surface rust, I would take some ultra fine steel wool (0000) and lightly, lightly rub the steel wool soaked in oil on the rusted parts. Wipe down with a dry cotton cloth and inspect. Repeat if necessary. I am no gunsmith or re-finisher, but I have had pretty good luck with this for removing spots of surface rust. As long as you are very careful, use the 0000 steel wool, and just use light strokes, you shouldn't damage the bluing. But get an experts opinion before you attempt even this suggested fix.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the method you suggested is exactly what i did. i don't know why you can't see the pictures, it would be very helpful! i pressed on the "image" button over here and i pasted the link that photobucket gave me (i used the link "IMG", the fourth one). maybe you know what my mistake is :) thanks for helping, anyway!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts