Russia, Russia, Russia 2: Electric Boogaloo

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by B C, Feb 20, 2020.

1. amd65

amd65

It wouldn’t surprise me if the Russians would prefer to deal with President Trump to any of the lightweight, flighty Dems running.
    Trump is a man of his word with no pretense. He says what he means. He has kept the US out of shooting wars three times, at least...in at least one case, with planes in the air.
    Russia and America should not be “enemies”. We have more in common with each other than with most countries these days. Certainly more in common than with “new-France, new-Germany, or new-England”.

2. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

The way Trump has kinda muted the Russians would make this a rather uninformed statement. Why would they work against a guy who tries to "keep them honest" and is not such a 'prissy pants' like obama the boy-king? Doesn't make sense.

DocCasualty likes this.

3. B C

B C

4. Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier NRA Benefactor

Why would the Russians help Trump? Bernie Sanders is a Marxist. He and his wife took their Honeymoon in the USSR. :impatient:

mj9mm and Jan R Whitaker like this.
  5. PawDog

PawDog NRA Member

The leftists are starting early to lay blame for their Presidential loss in 22020 on "Russia." Not surprised at all, just slightly surprised they waited this long.

Dog Soldier likes this.
  6. amd65

amd65

Perhaps this whisper campaign is meant to be, in reality, an attack on Trump, a strong and effective leader. The Russians may prefer to have their way with a Sanders or Warren.

7. Gino

Gino Millennium Member

None of this makes any sense. The FIRST thing the Democrats do when in power is to cut defense spending. For as long as I have been voting, Dems tend to be doves and repubs tend to be hawks. Which would the Russians really like to see running the US? The first thing Trump said when he got in was that we needed to rebuild the military after Obama's eight years.

mj9mm likes this.
  8. Jan R Whitaker

Jan R Whitaker

mj9mm likes this.
  9. berto62

berto62

:animlol:

10. B C

B C

11. Speleothem

Speleothem

Somebody explain why Putin would want Trump reelected.
    Crazy Bernie honeymooned in Moscow, Bloomy will sell us to China.
    The "Green New Deal" has to be Putin's dream come true.
    Trump made us energy independent.

B C and FullClip like this.
  12. First shot

First shot

Thanks OP for posting..I was unaware of this new claim and when I heard Rush mention it I was lost.. GT is still my first news source because someone is always pulling guard duty for us...thanks..

Jan R Whitaker and B C like this.
  13. Glock45Lover

Glock45Lover Moving To The Loveliest Village On The Plains

14. DocCasualty

DocCasualty Wolverine

Further evidence this is just more of the same Dem/Schiff disinformation campaign. They’re already sewing the seeds to question the legitimacy of the outcome of the 2020 election results when Trump wins again.

I can find no plausible reason why Putin would prefer Trump in office over any Dem Prez.

B C likes this.
  15. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

FullClip and B C like this.
  16. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

Aye. This is just anther attempt by the left to de-legitimize anything negative about dems and positive about Trump, and another excuse to censor conservative speech, on social media. They are trying to shut us up.

DocCasualty and FullClip like this.
  17. Crazypolack

Crazypolack

Shocker. The story was broken by the WP, owned by the richest man alive, whom Bernie wants to tax. Although with the consolidation of media companies, most owners are billionaires who want Bernie to lose.

Of course they the Russians are 'helping' Bernie. That way when he wins Trump can have an excuse to ignore the results of the election.

Meanwhile Mitch McConnell and Senate Republicans continue to block election security bills. Maybe this news they will hurry up and pass them. Except Mitch has been Quid Pro Quo'd with a $200 million Russian investment in his home state.

There are so many reasons Putin wants Trump to win again. Trump is isolating America from traditional allies. He can be blackmailed because he's laundered dirty Oligarch money for years. He's running up a huge budget deficit. He's openly corrupt. He ceded control of Syria. He opposes additional sanctions against Russia. On the flip side, he's implemented sanctions against Iranian oil, which increases the value of Russian oil exports. He's an absolute idiot who has no idea what the nuclear triad is.

https://www.politico.com/blogs/live...5-gop-debate-rubio-trump-nuclear-triad-216828

Hewitt: “Of the three legs of the triad, though, do you have a priority? I want to go to Sen. Rubio after that and ask him.”

Trump: “I think – I think, for me, nuclear is just the power, the devastation is very important to me.”

https://twitter.com/vanessagezari/status/998733039642529792

Lesley Stahl asked Trump in semi-private meeting why he’s always attacking the press. His answer: “I want to demean you and discredit you so that when you do negative stories about me, no one will believe you.”

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/paul-ryan-keeps-it-family-kevin-mccarthy-russia-trump

In the transcript published by the Post, McCarthy speculates that the Russians hacked the Democratic National Committee’s computers and, in the process, discovered whatever opposition-research materials the Democrats had gathered on Trump.

“There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump,” McCarthy said, according to Entous, a superb reporter who heard a tape recording of the colloquy. “Swear to God.”

In the Post piece, McCarthy’s remark is met with laughter, and Ryan cautions his colleagues, “This is an off the record . . . No leaks! . . . All right?”

And then, amid more laughter, Ryan says, “This is how we know we’re a real family here.”

https://time.com/5651345/rusal-investment-braidy-kentucky/

To free itself from sanctions, Rusal fielded a team of high-paid lobbyists for an intense, months-long effort in Washington. One of the targets was Kentucky’s own Mitch McConnell, the Senate majority leader, who helped thwart a bipartisan push to keep the sanctions in place. Since May, two of McConnell’s former staffers have lobbied Congress on behalf of Braidy, according to filings. Ahead of the 2018 midterm elections, one of Rusal’s longtime major shareholders, Len Blavatnik, contributed more than $1 million through his companies to a GOP campaign fund tied to McConnell.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elhyo-_fR0E

Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.

18. B C

B C

FullClip likes this.
  19. B C

B C

20. thewitt

thewitt

Dems are war mongers. Haven’t you figured that out yet? They cut defense spending but go to war anyway.