Rush today

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by norton, Jun 1, 2020.

1. norton

norton

I only caught a few minutes of his show today, but he had at least 2 people on his show in a segment, doing a back and forth on of course the disaster of the month.
    Rush told one of them that D's had promised the black community things for 50 years they have yet to deliver, yet they still vote in large blocks for them on a national level.
    That Trump had delivered the lowest unemployment figures for blacks of all time. The caller said Obama started that trend.
    Rush seemed to be kowtowed by this caller. He did not call him out, and I have heard him lamenting the unfortunate incident known as the disaster of the month in a way that seems to be unlike him normally.
    I hope we are not losing him. Sometimes when people go through a serious health crisis-as he is- they start getting all soft and squishy about left wing ideas.
    He also offered to have the guy on the show again, but the caller said only if Rush would acknowledge "White Privilege".
    I would have told the caller to go urinate on a vertical piece of hemp.
    Those of you that heard the show, what was your impression?

rayzer007, fx77 and B C like this.
  2. Will Rudy

Will Rudy

emailed the following to Rush:
    Sheesh, Rush, you've lowered yourself considerably in the eyes of many in your audience by attempting to engage someone who calls himself "Charlemagne Tha God." Seriously, Rush?! You're either winking at us or you've lost a marble or two.

One realize you are not 100% these days and no longer at the top of your game, but you still have enough brain cells to keep from falling for the same ol' Blame Whitey argument that blacks have been using for centuries to account for their own self-inflicted problems.

Perhaps a little more rest and a light schedule will help you recover from I hope was merely a temporary lapse of reason on your part.

Captain92 and mj9mm like this.

3. screwman

screwman

I heard the whole thing. He was just trying to get out to their crowd. As he kept hearing "white privilege", "white supremacist" argument, he knew it was fruitless.

4. stuckon9mm

stuckon9mm

Rush knows what he is doing. I'm guessing he will address this on his show in the near future.

Rotn1 likes this.
  5. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

“RIP to George Floyd but that was not an isolated incident, this is a regular occurrence,” Charlamagne said. “How are you going to use your privilege as a white male to combat this prejudice?”

Limbaugh answered by fighting back against the concept of white privilege.

“I don’t buy into the notion of white privilege. I think that’s a liberal, political construct right along the lines of political correctness, it’s designed to intimidate and get people to shut up and admit they’re guilty of doing things they haven’t done,” Limbaugh said. “I don’t have any white privilege.”

“You’re being delusional,” Charlamagne shot back.

6. Biggy1

Biggy1

I am white and absolutely proud of it. I received a high school education, learned a trade, was raised with Christian values, to work hard but smart, and to obey and follow the law. Most everything I have, I worked for and earned. IMHO,*** everyone*** is privileged to live in this Country, where **everyone** has the opportunity to be successful and live the American dream if they choose to, but it **will not** be given to you.

MAGA in November!!!!!

7. jcm3

jcm3 G22 4 Me

Agree, when someone is that far from your perspective, arguing is pointless.

GlockPride, Ramjet38 and Fracball like this.
  8. PrescottGlock

PrescottGlock

Wait, you guys don't have a white privilege card?!? I flash mine at the grocery store, everything is free. Show mine at the gas station, gas is free. Hell, go to car dealer, flash the white privilege card and drive off with a brand new SUV for $5k.

Because white privilege.

P.S. I don't pay taxes. I just send a photocopy of my white privilege card and VOILA! Debt paid.

9. Biggy1

Biggy1

Why in the hell isn’t anbody protesting all the black on black murders in Chicago and other Democrat Party run and controlled cities across our nation?????
    Chicago usually has 8 + black on black murders **every** week, year after year after year after year. So where is the outrage and all the protests over this????
    Also, what about the 75,000 deaths in our Country last year from the hard drugs coming across our southern border??? Where is the outrage and protests. Don’t get me started on the outright murdering of babies, because some fat ass retard is to stupid and to lazy to use birth control and she would rather get it free, payed for by working US citizens.

Stop the insanity, MAGA in November !!!

10. fx77

fx77 CLM

Rush asked basically of Charlamagne the God and his two associates of The Breakfast Club,what they wanted to solve the issue of "white supremacy and of white privilege "(conflated both), and Rush never received an answer
    They don't want anything concrete, and they have no solutions , they want only to destroy.

11. mj9mm

mj9mm

damn,,, i've been conned my whole working life into thinking i had to work for the things i wanted.

Officer's Match and Caver 60 like this.
  12. "Doc" Cavalry

"Doc" Cavalry MAJ (USA Ret.)

Don't fear opposing ideas. Be strong enough to listen, incorporate or discard as needed.

It was a discussion where they found some common ground, and some disagreements.
    That happens with real debate.

seedub70 and Pythonman like this.
  13. Speleothem

Speleothem

I think he did a good job.
    People who only hear what they're told about Rush, got to hear him.

Rotn1 likes this.
  14. SunsetMan

SunsetMan Deplorable Lifetime Member

I thought it was a good thing for Rush to do.

It is hard to relate to Charlamagne tha God and others with him during that interview.

Charlamagne said, had George Floyd been white, the officer would have been charged immediately.

I have no proof, but think if George Floyd had been white, this likely would not have made the news and no one would be rioting. The officer would be charged per the law, not politics.

Strange world.

Edit to add: The interview is on YouTube if you search for it.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    fx77, g30nut, Rotn1 and 1 other person like this.
  15. Rotn1

Rotn1

"Slavery" is the catch all excuse for failure some 400 years later.

One chooses to be a criminal, riot and wild. One chooses to reproduce, abandon and ignore.

I saw a clip yesterday where reparations had been calculated as $387K per black person with a total bill circa $17 Trillion.

I laughed and turned the TV off.

Pythonman likes this.
  16. Tuner Sandwich

Tuner Sandwich

I see a trend in the national narrative whereby the concept of "white privilege" is morphing into "white supremacy". The allegation will become, you are a white supremacist, because you are white.

UncleDave, g30nut and Teufelhunden71 like this.
  17. Featherweight

Featherweight

I applaud Rush for reaching out and trying to have a conversation. In my mind it showed me exactly where we are at in this country.

There is a problem with Black young men and there encounters with the police. I am tired of seeing black people shot and brutalized by the police. Police need better training. What keeps happening is terrible.

I am also tired of hearing about white privilege; if anything in my lifetime I have seen inner city black privilege. The more kids you have the more $ you get. Oh free health care go to the hospital you get treated free. Hiring quotas, minority contractors, diversity quotas now the is privilege if you ask me.

fx77 and SunsetMan like this.
  18. Rotn1

Rotn1

The harder I worked the more privilege i’s got.

19. g30nut

g30nut

Agreed, nobody ever gave me anything. I'm sick of hearing about this privilege I was born with. We are all privileged to live in this country. We all have the same opportunities. Sick of hearing about racial inequality. Can't tell you how many times I've been passed over for a job or a promotion etc... That's life, it's childish to pout about it or place blame. You pick yourself back up and keep pushing forward. Everyone in this country faces challenges, it's how you choose to deal with them that make a difference.

Rotn1 likes this.
  20. GlockerBill

GlockerBill

I was sad after hearing this interview as it was obvious that race relations will not improve with these kind of people influencing the black community. The guy lives in a bubble and was not willing to concede on much of anything.